Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Newcastle United: 02/09/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

It's going to be a very interesting match. Last year we were very lucky here to draw 0-0. Both teams are looking to bounce back after a disappointing weekend.

Will see Wilson from the start in this game and hopefully we counter in 3 points here.

Think Wilson and Murphy will come in. 

If you simply refuse to be baited into their press they're quite easy to exploit. But I think Eddie will want to make a point after last week and we'll try to play quite intensely. Can see another defeat unfortunately. 

We'll win. It might be a bit like yesterday's game with us doing the smash and grab instead of Liverpool. Brighton will probably dominate possession, but they don't have many goals in them, and we are due to score a couple.

2 minutes ago, timnufc22 said:

______________Isak________________

Barnes___________________Gordon

_______Bruno_______Longstaff____

______________Tonali______________

Targett___Burn___Shar___Trippier

_______________Pope_____________

You have to keep Gordon on the left 

Murphy on the right 

Joe - Tonali - Bruno

i’m tempted to go Andersen but let these 3 haxe one more match together 

Edited by Mikky

2 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Point be good enough , at least keeps us on the same points from the same 4 fixtures as last season even if yesterday was a shit show .

I’d take a point right now, but we can beta them if well organised and smart on the break. Get these first four fixtures behind us and then go on a winning run

1 minute ago, Mikky said:

You have to keep Gordon on the left 

Murphy on the right 

Joe - Tonali - Bruno

i’m tempted to go Andersen but let three 3 haxe one more match together 

Tbf I agree its probably not wise to move Gordon for now, long-term I'd be switching him at some point to get Barnes in. Perhaps I should trust Murphy more after what he's given us the last few years, either way I think Almiron needs rotating. 

I think Joelinton needs to be rotated too, we need to keep the ball better and stop giving away needless fouls/yellow cards and only my personal taste but he can be too erratic/lack nous. Granted we have switching roles at times but in general get Bruno further up the pitch to link up more with the forwards. It may help rekindle his confidence to get back to assisting and being more risk-free when losing the ball further up. 

Tonali's passing from deep would be a safer bet right now, let him screen the back four more.

Would be tempted to start Hall actually, he looked more than capable when thrown into the deep end for Chelsea.

We have to start Isak imo, I really don't like this subbing of him every game, we need to start giving him 90 minutes and then rotate with Wilson when the games actually start piling up. He's one of the best strikers in the league, we're in no position to not have him on the pitch when needing a goal. 

Think it’s twice we’ve taken Isak off and then created opportunities that would be better for him than Wilson. 

It definitely shouldn’t be automatic to bring Wilson on at 60-odd minutes. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Think it’s twice we’ve taken Isak off and then create opportunities that would be better for him than Wilson. 

It definitely shouldn’t be automatic to being Wilson on at 60-odd minutes. 

Agree with this. Isak was very quiet yesterday, but that's often when players like him are at their most dangerous, especially as the game goes into the later stages and legs start to tire.