Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Newcastle United: 02/09/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

16 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

I know Miley impressed in pre-season, but there is a massive difference between that and a premier league game. Wouldn't want to throw him in the deep end. 

He was class when he came on at Chelsea honestly don’t think he would look out of his depth.

3 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

I think Targett deserves a chance what he can do assuming he’a fully fit. Is Hall ready for bench duty and a debut if required?

Ya, I know I am being quite harsh on him but every chance he’s had in the little time he’s had last season and this summer he’s just not looked the same assured, calm and solid player.  There is nothing more I’d like to see then Matty Targett return to the form he was in when we had him on loan. 

Edited by Kanji

14 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

When the fixtures were first released and I saw our first 4 games I thought that 5 points from those games would be okay.  Three today would be tremendous 

What in the Michael Owen is this now?

From memory they dominated us at their place last season and we were hanging on to the death.

SJP we pressed them from their box, we made it tough, they couldn't get their playing it out from the back thing going as we were on them right away, its pointed out also they had no macallister for the majority, and Caicedo played a poor game at fullback. I'm not buying the whole their midfield is weak now based on Macallister/Caicedo they're a top side and have excellent players in all areas, and I'm sure they'll have the next Macallister in the making among their recruitment. 

I don't think they fear anyone at home, and I think they'll be all over us, it'll be a game we'll need to manage well and do everything absolutely on point to come away with anything. Hope we win but I'm not reading much into it if we don't, I'd predict the Eddie Howe thread will be full of knackers if we lose.

4 hours ago, madras said:

Is it ? I don't get why. If a team plays with two forwards do they try for a left footer and a right footer ? 

As a left-footer, when I played LCB you had natural passes to both midfielders RCB, RB, RW and striker, RCB, the natural pass is limited to your RB, one CM and RW. If you're a left footed CB, you very rarely play with another left-footed CB so you're there pretty much from a kid for your career. When you're a right footer, you play with more other right-footers so from young play more games as a LCB and are used to it. 

Pope

Livramento       Schar                  Burn          Trippier

Bruno

Tonali                  Joelinton

Almiron                   Isak                   Gordon

Surely?

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Why would we put trippier out of position?

Tripps is a very capable left back, so while it's not his primary role I wouldn't consider it out of position. Wouldn't be against it tbh as Targett has looked poor and I want to see what Tino can do. Don't think Howe will go for it though.

EDIT: and to be clear, if Howe doesn't think it's the right way to go, I trust him to be right :lol:

Edited by LiquidAK

5 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Pope

Livramento       Schar                  Burn          Trippier

Bruno

Tonali                  Joelinton

Almiron                   Isak                   Gordon

Surely?

Forgot to move Schar to midfield 

Pope

Trippier

schar

lascelles

burn

tonali

bruno

joelinton (nufc.com saying he’s a doubt?)

almiron

isak

gordon

what I think it’ll be. 

Mr Raspberry Jamaal Lascelles burying the winner in front of a rapturous away end and throwing a dig at a ball boy in a state of total euphoria. 

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

2 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Tripps is a very capable left back, so while it's not his primary role I wouldn't consider it out of position. Wouldn't be against it tbh as Targett has looked poor and I want to see what Tino can do. Don't think Howe will go for it though.

EDIT: and to be clear, if Howe doesn't think it's the right way to go, I trust him to be right :lol:

Just don’t see why we need to make another unnecessary adjustment to our back four purely because Botman is out. A CB for a CB and nothing else. 

tripper not being down the right takes away a lot from our attacking game too. 

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Just don’t see why we need to make another unnecessary adjustment to our back four purely because Botman is out. A CB for a CB and nothing else. 

tripper not being down the right takes away a lot from our attacking game too. 

All valid points :thup:

Think Trippier could still be creative from the left fwiw, albeit tucking inside to play balls into the box. Moot point though - unlikely to happen.