League Cup 3rd Round Draw - NUFC v Man City on 27/09 @ 8pm (live on Sky)

Only really just clicked how daunting the fixtures are going to be this season, in the three week period between the September and October international breaks we have 7 games :lol: 

We all clearly went professional at being miserable for having shit seasons on end, so it’s not the end of the world that we’ve got/had every possible difficult scenario/challenge that could happen so far. We’ll be better for it next season man! 

:'(

Forgot they've got the Club World Cup to contend with as well this year. Doesn't really matter given their strength in depth but you'd imagine this competition will be low priority this year. 

35 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Doesn't really matter given their strength in depth but you'd imagine this competition will be low priority this year. 

I think they look a little short on depth this year, although granted most their reserves are probably wonderkids.

Looking on their forum it looks like the QF stage clashes with the Club World Cup and they've either sold or loaned out most of their kids so they'll struggle to field 2 teams. They could just throw this game in favour of the CWC.

Southampton managed to beat these last year in the competition. We've done it before as well, so I don't think it's too unrealistic to say we can do it again. They're absolutely going to rotate, I'd be tempted to go full strength against them as we should have enough to cope with Burnley and Sheffield United either side of the fixture. Just think that pyshcologically, a win against City can do us a lot of good.

30 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Southampton managed to beat these last year in the competition. We've done it before as well, so I don't think it's too unrealistic to say we can do it again. They're absolutely going to rotate, I'd be tempted to go full strength against them as we should have enough to cope with Burnley and Sheffield United either side of the fixture. Just think that pyshcologically, a win against City can do us a lot of good.

You’d imagine we’d rotate as well.

8 hours ago, LFEE said:

Error admitted…

They call it 'error' I call it fixed. Not going to correct it are they? Convenient that. It's pretty simple to swap the ties.

Edited by duo

8 minutes ago, duo said:

They call it 'error' I call it fixed. Not going to correct it are they? Convenient that. It's pretty simple to swap the ties.

It's not fixed, our number was known before the draw.  So unless the draw was pre-determined its irrelevant what number we were