Newcastle United 1-0 Brentford (16/09/23)

Disco

Fuck this ref!!!! - sorry just felt I was missing out.

From what I see there’s been no controversy in this game, both teams have been weak in the box and we’re slagging the ref off.

goodman on the other hand is a wanker

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You lot are acting like Brentford are some easy team to play against and we haven't started some players for the first time today. Chill.

Never said they were easy but if we have any aspirations of getting Champions’ League again then we should reasonably expect to dispatch these at home.

Goodman… schar gets elbowed to the face “you can’t book him for that, elbows are gonna fly from time to time”

bruno running at full speed, gets tackled and tripps “that’s naughty from Bruno -should be booked for that”

5 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

For such an experienced ref Pawson looks so far out of his depth it's scary. Just as well it hasn't been a difficult match to referee.

I don't feel he's out of his depth - it seems everything he has done has been to make it harder for us to win today. He's loving his role here so far.

Edit: I haven't seen the Botman incident so may stand corrected.

Edited by Sean

Really bad first half. We have no creativity and end up just standing around passing it around not able to find any room, players just standing around, not trying to create any room. Had enough to go 1-up but cant finish on target.

Think Gordon’s been decent. Him and Barnes need to get closer to Wilson though. Our wide forwards stay very wide and seem allergic to supporting the striker. It’s all of them so I’d say it’s a system thing.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Fuck this ref!!!! - sorry just felt I was missing out.

From what I see there’s been no controversy in this game, both teams have been weak in the box and we’re slagging the ref off.

goodman on the other hand is a wanker

Watch it again then I suppose. They nearly scored from a break where Norgard stands on Trippier's foot. The off the ball blocking they’ve been getting away all game isn’t even subtle either. 

it’s a big reason we've been struggling in the final third, every time we've looked to run in behind we've been body checked off the ball