Sheffield United 0-8 Newcastle United (24/09/23)

Disco

When I was 5 I discovered how to look at scores on Ceefax. That Sheffield Wednesday game I was checking scores on Ceefax and there were 3 pages of scores but I only cared about the Newcastle one so I pressed HOLD to freeze the screen when we were winning 4-0.

I didn't realise by freezing it it meant that the score wouldn't update. My dad got in from the match and told me that Newcastle won 8-0 I couldn't believe it and was convinced that if I checked the Newcastle score on Ceefax every week and then pressed HOLD, the score would double by full time.

2 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Fuck me. Imagine releasing an extended highlights reel after your team has been arse raped 8-0...

Clubs season reviews dont show replays of goals against, often cant wait to cut away from the goal, some dont even show goals against but they've gone all out on replays too, in these circumstances!?

3 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Wilson and Gordon shithouse grinning at the bottle throwers :lol:

Trippiers captainship there is great. So aware, total pro. Management material all over him.

Edited by Jonas

Guest reefatoon
6 hours ago, Erikse said:

Even on the Sheffield United forum there were some users saying that they were lucky not to recieve a red. It was just a yellow for me, but for sure it was a foul imo.

Yeah a yellow was probably the right decision. Someone before you mentioned he follows through with his other leg, but if you watch it closely, his following leg stuck in the grass and didn’t make contact. If it hadn’t done that it would have been a much worse tackle and outcome. He was fortunate regarding that.

11 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

After extensive research I can confirm this match is just as enjoyable after the this full rewatch.

got it "taped".

want to see the fouls, the misses and most of all the 2 completely open goals sheff utd missed in the first 20 minutes (directly in front of goal, no keeper or defenders in sight).

1 minute ago, huss9 said:

got it "taped".

want to see the fouls, the misses and most of all the 2 completely open goals sheff utd missed in the first 20 minutes (directly in front of goal, no keeper or defenders in sight).

That resulted in about 0.5 xG :memelol:

2 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

There was another incident in the first half when the ball went out for a Sheffield goal kick. Miggy was by the goal line and some cunt in the crowd launched the ball at him full belt.

Sounds like it was Dan Burn trying to get it under control. 

6 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Good. Wasn't even an isolated incident, saw bottles flying after the Gordon goal as well. Daft fuckers need to piss off back to the Championship and take their medieval ways to Stoke and Hull.

yeah on that video I posted a few pages back you can see the bottles flying on both of those goals 

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

When I was 5 I discovered how to look at scores on Ceefax. That Sheffield Wednesday game I was checking scores on Ceefax and there were 3 pages of scores but I only cared about the Newcastle one so I pressed HOLD to freeze the screen when we were winning 4-0.

I didn't realise by freezing it it meant that the score wouldn't update. My dad got in from the match and told me that Newcastle won 8-0 I couldn't believe it and was convinced that if I checked the Newcastle score on Ceefax every week and then pressed HOLD, the score would double by full time.

I remember using Ceefax for that Partizan Belgrade home game. 

Was only 12 and crying my eyes out when it was confirmed we lost on pels. :lol: 

Blades fan here, I just wanted to say thank you to all the Newcastle United fans who attended Bramall Lane yesterday. Result aside, your support for your team was fantastic throughout the game. My main point though was your respect throughout our tribute to Maddy Cusack was a class above. The minutes silence was impeccably observed, you’re a credit to football and your club. Mandy’s passing is tragic for all concerned, such a young age. Good luck with the rest of the season in the league and Europe. Hopefully we’ll still be playing you again at the Lane next season and that we put up more of a fight.  ⚔️

IMG_0402.jpeg