LCR4: Manchester United vs. Newcastle United - 01/11/23 @ 20:15 (Sky Sports)

If there was an away tie I'd take against one of the 'big teams', it'd be this fucking team. Avoiding Liverpool, Arsenal or even Chelsea away is good with me. Hopefully baldy is still in the job when the tie comes around. We can beat them.

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

Atleast we are now at the point where Man United fans are concerned and annoyed at facing us at Old Trafford :lol:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/carabao-cup-2023-2024.478513/page-9

"Such a boring team" is an interesting one. Like us or loathe us I'd say that boring is the last thing we are these days. 31/34 games being televised this year would support that theory.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

"Such a boring team" is an interesting one. Like us or loathe us I'd say that boring is the last thing we are these days. 31/34 games being televised this year would support that theory.

Wow that's a massive amount for revenue streams 

1 minute ago, Dr. TC said:

Mostly they seem annoyed about a home draw because of the expense of buying tickets. Such a bizarre mindset. 

They have an even worse ticketing system than we do for cup games. Can’t remember the ins and outs but it’s genuinely shit and you’re fucked if you can’t go.

4 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

That’s misleading. It’s 50/50 each time (in theory) - the preceding draws don’t factor into the actual probability.

Yep - try flipping a coin and see how many consecutive heads or tails you get. Can’t get anywhere near 12 🤣

Particularly enjoyed this post on red cafe

Right after we play City. Nice. The Stripey twats will be right up for it too, you just know it. Hope we send them back crying into their greggs', really can't stand this version of Newcastle.

Edited by Whitley mag

40 minutes ago, PhilT said:

Yep - try flipping a coin and see how many consecutive heads or tails you get. Can’t get anywhere near 12 🤣

But it doesn’t change that the odds of each flip remain 50/50. It is certainly unlikely to have 12 of the same outcome in a row, but it’s still just a series of 50/50 chances. It’s also a weak comparison statistically because there are other multiple balls at play, actually making the odds even greater, which at the same time undermines my argument totally so I’ll stop typing 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Don't look at certain 'neutral' subreddits or you'll be convinced all that TV time is due to Saudi backhanders rather than the fact we're actually a pretty entertaining team to watch for the most part. :lol: God knows why I've started being recommended some of the dross in those subs.

Shame we will likely have to go more or less full strength for this, especially with the revenge element for the cup last year also. Ideally you want easier fixtures so you can rotate the squad but it's also an opportunity to knock another big name out of this tournament. 

Should maybe have Willock back for this also 🤞

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Have they watched their own team this season?:lol: Since Ten Hag took over, we've scored 19 goals more than them in the league. This media narrative about timewasting is causing other fans to assume that we are parking the bus to nick in the odd chance for a 1-0 win.

8 hours ago, 54 said:

Atleast we are now at the point where Man United fans are concerned and annoyed at facing us at Old Trafford :lol:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/carabao-cup-2023-2024.478513/page-9

What an odd thread , the daft bastards are complaining about the bad luck they have in cup draws [emoji38], they have literally had 12 home draws in a row in domestic cups over the last 3 seasons . They are probably the luckiest team of all time when it comes to cup draws.