LCR4: Manchester United vs. Newcastle United - 01/11/23 @ 20:15 (Sky Sports)

A few weeks ago I was relishing the prospect of having that bald fraud* sulk live on TV after we smashed him in his own back yard. Now, I'm dreading the game because I can't even think of the 11 we'll put out.

*I am actually bald at the ripe old age of 33 (34 on Tuesday) so this isn't a hate comment :lol:

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think Wilson, Bruno and Trippier will definitely get a full rest. The rest will play some part of it.

Who do you think will come in for Wilson? Gordon through the middle could be an option but he looked dead on his feet second half yesterday. 

8 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

A few weeks ago I was relishing the prospect of having that bald fraud* sulk live on TV after we smashed him in his own back yard. Now, I'm dreading the game because I can't even think of the 11 we'll put out.

*I am actually bald at the ripe old age of 33 (34 on Tuesday) so this isn't a hate comment :lol:

Im the same age as you and I have a full head of hair if it makes you feel any better?

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Who do you think will come in for Wilson? Gordon through the middle could be an option but he looked dead on his feet second half yesterday. 

Honestly no idea, Gordon or Joeltinon the only real options and I’d rather Gordon got a rest. 

The way I see it, we'll be in the League Cup next year, and the year after etc. whereas there's no guarantee we'll be in any form of Europe next season. We have 6 big injuries, 3 very likely starters, 2 fine to come in and not really notice too much difference, and also a good young player who can play a number of roles.

In a couple of years, after continuous strengthening, there will be no Dummetts, Ritchies, Manquillos, Krafts, Gillespies etc. taking up a place in the 25 man squad mainly due to them being good I'm the dressing room. We'll also have far more good younger players who won't need a place in the 25 man squad, and ultimately have far more options in the case of an injury crisis like this. It's just not feasible to have a squad of so few competent options (when a situation like this occurs), and you can't expect them all to play Sat-Wed for about 4 weeks straight, especially with our intensity, something has to give, and because we're still relatively early in the competition and we have a fairly tough match on paper, to me, this would be the best time to rest as many as we can.

A shame because we obviously do badly want to win a trophy at some point, but it's just unfortunate circumstances.

Put Joelinton up top. He's still a physical nuisance presence and has got experience. 

He's also played less football than Gordon and others. Bring Gordon and Wilson on as subs if need be after 70 mins. Manquillo can also come in for Lascelles if he needs a rest and Krafth can go into the middle. 

Dubravka

Krafth Lascelles Dummett Targett

Longstaff Hall

Almiron Willock Ritchie

Joelinton

8 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Put Joelinton up top. He's still a physical nuisance presence and has got experience. 

He's also played less football than Gordon and others. Bring Gordon and Wilson on as subs if need be after 70 mins. Manquillo can also come in for Lascelles if he needs a rest and Krafth can go into the middle. 

Dubravka

Krafth Lascelles Dummett Targett

Longstaff Hall

Almiron Willock Ritchie

Joelinton

Im just going to assume you forgot about Livramento here :lol:

Wholesale rotation is the only sensible option here, like, but the state of the squad means there's gonna have to be a couple of first-choicers. Those who played against Man City have earned the right to play in this one anyway.

Dubravka

Manquillo  Lascelles  Dummett    Targett

Bruno

Ritchie         Willock

Tino                   Wilson              Joelinton

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Wholesale rotation is the only sensible option here, like, but the state of the squad means there's gonna have to be a couple of first-choicers. Those who played against Man City have earned the right to play in this one anyway.

Dubravka

Bruno

Ritchie         Willock

I wouldn’t complain if we used this game as a change to see Gordon up front and rest Wilson.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Dubravka

Bruno

Ritchie         Willock

Maybe Joe in the middle and start hall in LM with willock in big joes place

Edited by Gawalls