LCR4: Manchester United vs. Newcastle United - 01/11/23 @ 20:15 (Sky Sports)

20 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Pope

Tino

Lascelles

Dummet

Targett

Bruno

Willock

Longstaff

Joelinton

Gordon

Miggy

is my guess

Hall for Longstaff - think he needs a rest 

Rest picks itself unless you can throw in Krafth and play 3 at the back - put Miggy on the bench?

This is the game to pull the old switcheroo:

Pope

Lascelles  Murphy   Dummett

Krafth                                      Targett

Richie    Willock

Livramento   Joelinton        Hall

Man Utd, Arsenal, Dortmund, Bournemouth, Chelsea & PSG are our games in November.

We are threadbare and tired as fuck, we have to give players a rest at some point.

No one wants to throw a game but we have to decide what front's to fight on as it cannot be all them.

Dear God. It’s only October FFS and we have essentially a young team. We should NOT be resting the core of our side for this game. Older players like Trippier and Burn need a rest, but not players like Bruno and Gordon. I will be livid if we play a weak team against these on Wednesday. They are on their knees morale-wise and we should be going for their jugular.

Just now, Wandy said:

Dear God. It’s only October FFS and we have essentially a young team. We should NOT be resting the core of our side for this game. Older players like Trippier and Burn need a rest, but not players like Bruno and Gordon. I will be livid if we play a weak team against these on Wednesday. They are on their knees morale-wise and we should be going for their jugular.

Bruno definitely needs a rest imo

Will be interesting to see how Eddie plays this. Our best chance of winning something, so theoretically we should play the strongest side, but he may have to gamble and rotate a bit knowing there is little chance of us going deep in Europe and a domestic cup and finishing high in the league. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Because we can’t expect him to play every minute of every game ? When do you suggest giving him a rest ? 

Not anytime soon, when there are so many big games coming thick and fast. He’s barely played 15 games in 3 months. 

Here we are, still trophyless, and people want us to play a weak team for a game we have a brilliant chance of winning. Madness.

Not sure Joelinton plays tbh. Howe said after he took him off v Dortmund, something along the lines of ‘working back to full fitness’ and ‘managing his load’.

Given he did the full 90 yesterday, he might get a rest.

1 hour ago, SteV said:

Not sure Joelinton plays tbh. Howe said after he took him off v Dortmund, something along the lines of ‘working back to full fitness’ and ‘managing his load’.

Given he did the full 90 yesterday, he might get a rest.

Ooh err

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

We have absolutely no one who can fill in for Bruno if he gets injured. On that basis alone he needs resting.

3 minutes ago, buzz said:

We have absolutely no one who can fill in for Bruno if he gets injured. On that basis alone he needs resting.

You don’t rest a player just because you are worried about him getting injured man. Should we rest him against Arsenal too then? 

The point is that Wednesday is a huge game and we need to win, therefore we need a strong team out there.

2 hours ago, Aiston said:

Man Utd, Arsenal, Dortmund, Bournemouth, Chelsea & PSG are our games in November.

We are threadbare and tired as fuck, we have to give players a rest at some point.

No one wants to throw a game but we have to decide what front's to fight on as it cannot be all them.

Am I right in thinking the international break falls between the Bournemouth and Chelsea games?

As a football fan, solely looking at the two games in isolation without the future impact results can have, I really can't get my head around how Arsenal next Saturday is so much more important than this game on Wednesday. Of course, those other factors matter, but for people to be happy to just basically sack this game off is absurd to me. If we win we are three games away from lifting the cup and we've knocked out two of the favourites to win it, I don't give a shit that it's "only" the Carabao Cup, we haven't won nowt for fucking forever, as if we can be picky! It's a stretch but I'd go as far as to say there's an argument that this game is bigger than Dortmund the following week, getting that monkey off our back and winning a trophy is fucking monumental for this club, the players, the staff, everyone. Would absolutely love it if we go there and do them on Wednesday. 

3 hours ago, Aiston said:

Fair enough - if I could pick one game to win, it’s this one.  We’re not winning the European Cup or league title this season.  This - along with the one I’d really love to win in May - is our chance of finally winning something.  The league gives lots of chances to catch back up - and top 5 likely finishes in the European Cup next season. 

We'll 100% see some rotation, Trippier looked badly fatigued yesterday and big Joe is still making his way back. Howe won't want to mix it up too much buy definitely conscious of the amount of games mounting up. Can see Hall, Targett and Lovramento starting, maybe Wilson on the bench and Gordon starts up front.