LCR4: Manchester United vs. Newcastle United - 01/11/23 @ 20:15 (Sky Sports)

Not sure he'd be ready to start Willock yet

After being out for a long time he has played 20 mins twice, starting him seems a bit of a jump imo

With all the injuries he's limited in terms of rotating the front 6, think apart from maybe getting Hall in CM there won't be other changes

6 hours ago, Wandy said:

For all those saying drop all of our key players, did you even want us to enter this competition? 

Seems like people have thrown in the towel already for this game, so dropping big players gives a ready made excuse for the defeat.

If we had even just 3 from Botman, Tonali, Isak, Murphy and Barnes available we could have played a rotated side and been strong enough to win. As it is, we have none of them. Something is going to have to give and I think this season, that's the League Cup over the Premier League and Champions League. 

Yeah exactly..it's not that we want to throw the game it's just that we have SO many injuries that we have to pick our priorities... I know we haven't won a trophy in forever but European football is the dream and I want that to continue! I'd rather be knocked out of the LC, get 2nd or 3rd in CL and keep being steady in the PL! Then maybe once we have the injured players come back, go for the FA Cup. 

We literally don't really have rotation now. Even the Miley brothers are both out! 

8 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Not sure he'd be ready to start Willock yet

After being out for a long time he has played 20 mins twice, starting him seems a bit of a jump imo

With all the injuries he's limited in terms of rotating the front 6, think apart from maybe getting Hall in CM there won't be other changes

Depending on the weather it might be a good idea to start him and give him 45-60 mins in his legs

I understand those that are saying due to injuries we may not have a choice when it comes to prioritising what we do

I think due to the injuries we won't really have a choice as to the team we pick, apart from the defence the front 6 picks itself really, unless Ritchie gets a game which is really chucking it 

21 hours ago, Froggy said:

Onana

Dalot

Varane

Maguire

Reguilon

Amrabat

Mount

Fernandes

Antony

Garnacho

Martial

I would be hoping for something like this.

Better than the team the bald fraud put out against Man City tbf.

If we are taking the match seriously and want to go through it should be the same team we put out against Wolves but switch Trippier and Burn for Tino and Hall to give them a rest . If we are starting the likes of Ritchie then we have no intention of progressing.

3 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

If we are taking the match seriously and want to go through it should be the same team we put out against Wolves but switch Trippier and Burn for Tino and Hall to give them a rest . If we are starting the likes of Ritchie then we have no intention of progressing.

We started dummett against man city

Plenty could have taken that as no intention of progressing

12 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I understand those that are saying due to injuries we may not have a choice when it comes to prioritising what we do

I think due to the injuries we won't really have a choice as to the team we pick, apart from the defence the front 6 picks itself really, unless Ritchie gets a game which is really chucking it 

Only options are to start Hall and/or Willock there or change shape.

I could see Dummett Hall/Targett and Livro all starting in defence and Dubs in goal. Further forward the options are limited, maybe Willock could start. Up front could see Big Joe wide left and AJ as a CF. Miggy on the right as usual.

Edited by OverThere

"To not use our squad would be really foolish but that doesn't mean we don't back our squad and trust our squad to go to Old Trafford and try and win the game."

All you need to hear really. Howe knows what he's doing, he's got no choice but to rest players. 

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

"To not use our squad would be really foolish but that doesn't mean we don't back our squad and trust our squad to go to Old Trafford and try and win the game."

All you need to hear really. Howe knows what he's doing, he's got no choice but to rest players. 

You have to think Hall and Livramento will be absolutely desperate to show something to Eddie tomorrow

Most of their fans see us as favourites and would like to see their younger players instead of the likes of  Rashford and Bruno...

https://www.redcafe.net/matches/manchester-united-vs-newcastle-united.533/page-3

I guess they don't realise how stretched we are at the moment.

Also Newcastle winning at Old Trafford doesn't really happen.

Would really love that to change starting tomorrow so hoping we don't make too many changes.

9 hours ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

I'd go:

Dubravka

Livramento

Lascelles

Schar

Targett

Longstaff

Bruno

Joelinton

Tindall

Gordon

Hall

I'd prefer Tindall in midfield for those cultured long balls for Gordon to run onto. Give Bruno a rest.