Newcastle United vs. Burnley: 30/09/23 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Are we just assuming that Wilson starts this? I do wonder whether Howe might pull the old switcheroo and save Wilson for PSG. I suppose it entirely depends on our scouting of both sides and where we see weakness.

3 minutes ago, Abacus said:

I'd be tempted to give Livramento the last 30 mins if we're ahead, to save Trippier's legs a bit for PSG

I think the plan will always be to save legs of our key players. Getting Trippier to go along with it, might be a different matter.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

First home 3pm Saturday kick off this year supposedly.

Even the last one (Leeds) was NY’s Eve, so that didn’t really feel like a Saturday. Think the one before that was Villa on 29th Oct.

2 minutes ago, Bally21 said:

For anyone using buses or trains to get to match tomorrow - there aren't any - industrial action, likewise for CL game on Wed.

Metro OK as for as I know.

Reference bus strike is it not just Go Northeast? Or is it all companies?

1 hour ago, STM said:

Are we just assuming that Wilson starts this? I do wonder whether Howe might pull the old switcheroo and save Wilson for PSG. I suppose it entirely depends on our scouting of both sides and where we see weakness.

If both were fully fit I'd agree with you. I think whoever starts against Burnley out of the two will just be whoever is physically ready for it. Then you can give the other a few more days to be absolutely ready for PSG.

3 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I reckon all this "late tests for player X" stuff is total bollocks and its just an easy way out for Howe to not have to talk about team selection. 

100% I'm surprised that the journalists even bother anymore.

It was clear that Wilson, Tripper, Botman and Burn were all rested and not even considered because of workload. I suspect Schar was only there in an emergency.

By the way, I don't know what Pep was doing taking Haaland and not using him. Just leave him out the squad and rest him properly. [emoji38]

34 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Reference bus strike is it not just Go Northeast? Or is it all companies?

Sorry, yeah I think you are correct and it is Go Northeast - as far as I can tell other Nexus companies are OK.

Not sure which company runs which services though - I think the 21 for example is run by Go Northeast. 

Edited by Bally21