Newcastle United vs. Burnley: 30/09/23 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

57 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Aye, when it comes to team news Eddie can't be trusted :lol:

I love it. Pep lies all the time about his team and players and I think it's great; why should you give the opposition any clue? 

The only thing with Pep is that you can often tell it's a lie now... I knew he wouldn't play the academy Vs us but he really wanted Eddie to believe it. Luckily Howe is not as gullible as some! 

2 hours ago, Lish007 said:

I love it. Pep lies all the time about his team and players and I think it's great; why should you give the opposition any clue? 

The only thing with Pep is that you can often tell it's a lie now... I knew he wouldn't play the academy Vs us but he really wanted Eddie to believe it. Luckily Howe is not as gullible as some! 

Like washford in the cup final. Dirty lie by the cloggman 10 fags

On 28/09/2023 at 09:23, STM said:

In the space of two weeks when we were down in the dumps:

3 wins

4 clean sheets

Beat the best side in the world

Draw at the San Siro in the CL

Smashed our away scoring record

Have a number of our better players bang in form

Both strikers scoring goals

Not been a bad little turn around. [emoji38]

and all without really playing that well yet. Not in a bad way, just in a not firing on all cylinders/not up to speed yet way. 

I'm fairly convinced that Joelinton won't start this.... Howe will be desperate for him to play against PSG (there's a sentence I never thought I'd say).

I think a fit Joelinton would have made the world of difference in Milan.

For that reason, I also think that Tonali may start and Longstaff starts against PSG but that's a tough call.

So in theory...

Pope

Trippier   Schar   Botman   Burn

Bruno

Tonali               Anderson

Miggy                             Gordon

Isak

Then PSG

Back four +

Bruno

Longstaff             Joelinton 

Miggy                              Gordon

Wilson

10 minutes ago, astraguy said:

I'd much rather we keep the team from Wednesday tbh,deffo the defence but pope out for dubz or Karius. we cant burn out our best 11 every week with all the games we have

Eh? Pope doesn't need a rest :lol: furthest he has to run is the length of the pitch if we lose the toss.

1 hour ago, STM said:

I'm fairly convinced that Joelinton won't start this.... Howe will be desperate for him to play against PSG (there's a sentence I never thought I'd say).

I think a fit Joelinton would have made the world of difference in Milan.

For that reason, I also think that Tonali may start and Longstaff starts against PSG but that's a tough call.

So in theory...

Pope

Trippier   Schar   Botman   Burn

Bruno

Tonali               Anderson

Miggy                             Gordon

Isak

No chance Longstaff doesn't start. I'm pretty sure Tonali will be benched and start Wednesday.

2 minutes ago, astraguy said:

why don't u trust them? What is the point of having a squad if we don't rotate them 

No I don't trust them (Lascelles less so), they're not good enough for where we want to be which is top 4.

They did great on Wednesday, but let's not get carried away they'd get found out if they were played consistently.

3 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I kinda more suspect tonali will start and be benched wednesday tbh. Isak will be benched considering the injury for wednesday too. 

Tonali won’t be benched for Wednesday. He was playing for Milan in the semi finals.

4 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I kinda more suspect tonali will start and be benched wednesday tbh. Isak will be benched considering the injury for wednesday too. 

I'd be surprised considering Longstaff has had a full weeks rest.

I wouldn't bank on Wilson starting either, he's not the type of player to be risked with a potential tight hamstring.

Edited by Alberto2005

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

Are you mental dude? You’re suggesting keeping the same team as 3 days ago. [emoji38]

It's Burnley ffs, PSG is the most difficult game we have in the cl group keep playing gordon etc and see how the injuries are at the start of the year