Newcastle United 4-1 Paris Saint-Germain (04/10/23)

Disco

4 hours ago, madras said:

I had a little peruse through their forum (thanks to Google chrome) and found loads about the game itself, nothing about what they thought of the trip itself. Anyone see anything. 

I did hear one lad after the game being asked what he thought and he said he was surprised and was going to bring his girlfriend for a weekend. The accent made it hard to decide if he was taking the piss, being diplomatic or whatever.

Nothing squeals romance more than Mushroom Bar trebles.

I'll be honest, I've had nowhere near enough content from this game yet.

Really wanted a radio Newcastle overlaid highlights package to finish me off, guess a match cam will do it like.

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's decent, but only JJ seems to understand that bad performances don't happen in a vacuum and that a big part of our game is forcing teams to play badly or play at a ridiculously high level of speed and precision (see the Brighton 3-1) to get through us.

That bald guy sends me to sleep, don’t think I’ve ever managed to finish one of his videos. I’ll wait for the Adam Cleery 442 one which will be a bit more engaging and a from someone who actually watches us :lol:

3 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's decent, but only JJ seems to understand that bad performances don't happen in a vacuum and that a big part of our game is forcing teams to play badly or play at a ridiculously high level of speed and precision (see the Brighton 3-1) to get through us.

Mackenzie is massively underestimating Longstaff and Almirón's ability to cover massive amounts of space in his analysis. If Marquinhos attempts that long switch to Hernandez Longstaff/Almirón likely cover it. I can only think he doesn't watch us very often.

Edited by Smal

The bald lad omits several vital points.

He keeps referencing the Brighton game. A game where Brighton was at home and full of confidence. SJP was rocking, the players were amped, committed and aggressive. 2x that of PSG. 

Tactics aside we were prepared for a massive night and the PSG lads didn't. That's a large part of why they got blown out of the water. We won so many of our duels. When that happens, you win.

If we turn up. Any team coming to SJP is going to need to be mentally sharp to beat us.

I have watched the highlights on full blast that many times I think I've fucked the speaker on my phone!

The roar from the fans after each goal was next level shit. Especially miggys goal and when Burns goal was confirmed. I honestly didn't think as a support that we still had that in us!

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Any match cam/club highlights can’t be released until 10pm tonight. There is a 48 hour blackout on them from uefa after the game.

Looks like the dick slapping is on hold then :pilko:

Won't likely get around to watching this for full context but what you're mentioning has fast become one of the most tired clichés about the team for me. How many times do our opponents have to 'not be at the races' before people realise there's clearly a correlation and it's not just luck? 

1 hour ago, GeordieDazzler said:

That bald guy sends me to sleep, don’t think I’ve ever managed to finish one of his videos. I’ll wait for the Adam Cleery 442 one which will be a bit more engaging and a from someone who actually watches us :lol:

Cleery seems to have improved a bit since his True Faith days but he still comes across as smug and self satisfied and is fairly irritating. He's like a North Eastern version of Simon from the inbetweeners. 

16 minutes ago, wormy said:

Won't likely get around to watching this for full context but what you're mentioning has fast become one of the most tired clichés about the team for me. How many times do our opponents have to 'not be at the races' before people realise there's clearly a correlation and it's not just luck? 

Thought this was just a Mackem trope but apparently not. 

2 hours ago, NE27 said:

I'll be honest, I've had nowhere near enough content from this game yet.

Really wanted a radio Newcastle overlaid highlights package to finish me off, guess a match cam will do it like.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

They should turn the music up more, I can still hear the atmosphere

Was trawling the comments on l'equipe last night and saw

"Bizarre, ils n'ont pas chante leur chant traditionnel a la fin du match" / Weird, they didnt sing their traditional song at the end of the match.

Don't know what they mean re the song but I do know what the mean re the DJ