Newcastle United 4-1 Paris Saint-Germain (04/10/23)

Disco

3 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Did you read my post? I said verbals during the game, it's part of the craic. Not knocking caps off and spraying people with drinks. I'm all for open stadiums.

He's knocked his cap off and then others have sprayed them with drinks. Totally unwelcoming and unnecessarily antagonistic.

Hes launched a punch at them before they've started chucking drinks at them. Childish as fuck knocking his hat off but it's fuck all in the grand scheme of things. Absolute mountain of a molehill as usual

As for you're first point,

Why should verbals be allowed during the game? Surely we should have open stadiums and everyone can get on?

Edited by jack j

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Hes launched a punch at them before they've started chucking drinks at them. Childish as fuck knocking his hat off but it's fuck all in the grand scheme of things. Absolute mountain of a molehill as usual

As for why should verbals be allowed during the game? Surely we should have open stadiums and everyone can get on?

You can get on with people whilst taking the piss. Well, adults can.

Edit - some kids can do it as well. Sensible people can.

What exactly is mountainous about calling people out for creating an unwelcoming atmosphere for visitors? I quite like our reputation for being welcoming and I don't want it ruined by dickheads.

Edited by Dr Venkman

1 hour ago, Slim said:

Stabbings incoming for the away leg.  Think might have to wear my france debuchy shirt ha

Really don't understand this sort of thing man. Just no need.

Like you've said when they are super aggressive to the fans that travel down there, then everyone will act surprised.

22 minutes ago, Bally21 said:

Fucking cretins, lad was just walking down the street doing fuck all and some cunt knocks his cap of and starts hoying drinks at the lad.

Honestly man what the fuck is the matter with some people.

It’s the Mayfair which is full of daft bairns on match day.

Rewatched the game fully. Feels like a fever dream. Suffocated them with the press and the atmosphere, wow. If its like that for every game we will not lose a home match in the CL.

Schär MOTM for me, thought he was coming out the ground but on a rewatch it confirms it. Though Bruno, Almirón, Trippier, Longstaff and Gordon were all superb.

That video above with the PSG fan's hat being knocked off is fucking embarrassing. One of my favourite things about our city on a matchday is all supporters can mix everywhere as long as there's no dickheads. Love a bit friendly chat with away fans, that video of the PSG fans in the Beehive ( :lol: ) a prime example especially now in Europe. Tribalism is a huge part of what makes football the greatest sport in the world but also what makes it shite. The aggro faux or not is embarrassing.

But on a semi related point, I don't want football grounds mixed like in rugby. The segregation between fans in grounds is a positive side of football tribalism and what makes atmospheres great and each team's support unique.

4 hours ago, Thomson Mouse said:

How on earth is that NOT handball?!?!?!

Even if it was a deflection, I thought the rules stated it is handball for the offensive phase. On this one the ball traveled around 25 yards and the first point of contact wad his arm?!

Mind goes straight to that blatant Trent handball that led immediately to a goal for them last season when they were chasing us down for 4th. 

11 minutes ago, 54 said:

How the hell is Burns header only an XG of 0.19, that feels ridiculously low given his positioning.

I think it's because of the positioning of the defender and the goalkeeper. xG does not account for the fact that the attacker is 6'7" and also a local boy staring at a chance to score a Champions League goal. If it knew that the xG would be 1.0.

50 minutes ago, jack j said:

Whys it acceptable during the game? Surely should be like rugby union and have an open stadium and everyone can get on

Ps he's knocked his cap off not fucking shot him

Dear me

:lol: I reckon in a highly charged atmosphere in a foreign country when you're getting antagonised to bits someone purposely knocking your cap off is going to cause you to react.

If someone blindsided you with a flick on the ear or knocked your sunglasses off, presumably you'd just laugh it off and not react?

There's a real element of arseholeness from some of our 'fans'

1 hour ago, Smal said:

yeah, he went down a lot in my estimations last night. The Longstaff goal was the pinnacle of their lack of research. We make that move all the time and they weren't ready for it at all. 

The 4-2-4 formation he played was suicide against our press

31 minutes ago, 54 said:

How the hell is Burns header only an XG of 0.19, that feels ridiculously low given his positioning.

Yeah I thought that when I saw our xG was exactly 1.00.

Between Burn, Almiron, Isak (before the Almiron goal) and Longstaff that just seems bizarre to me.

Just now, joeyt said:

The 4-2-4 formation he played was suicide against our press

I think he probably watched the Brighton game and tried to copy that because they played that shape against us too with the two strikers dropping in between the lines, but they simply aren't as well coached or as good at playing out as Brighton (:lol:). Their defenders aren't good with the ball and Ugarte is very bad at build up. Mbappé is also insanely lazy. 

1 hour ago, TRon said:

More to the point, why are they talking about us? Maybe they want the match replayed hoping for a 0-0 so everyone will talk about them instead of us. :lol:

It's their equivalent of our Other Games thread, where we talk about other teams.

1 hour ago, jack j said:

Whys it acceptable during the game? Surely should be like rugby union and have an open stadium and everyone can get on

You’ll be advocating for bootcut jeans, Gant 1/4 zips and gilets next.

Fuck that Tory shit.

13 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's their equivalent of our Other Games thread, where we talk about other teams.

Fair enough. It just feels like they are getting far too wound up about a club with no history or silverware (according to the poster quoted anyway), when according to his own logic we shouldn't be worth the time of day.

Obviously that's just the one post quoted, for all I know the rest of the replies on that thread might all praise and graciousness. Although I doubt it.

1 hour ago, Thomson Mouse said:

I agree, but there’s videos going round of them being as bad

I've heard a lot about these videos, but the ones I've seen have been them marching and chanting, and banging a very loud drum. There was one of their lot who appeared to throw a punch at someone either quite short or a child, couldn't really see the person being hit.

But regardless, I wouldn't want to see our fans chucking missiles or being abusive to travelling fans unless it was self defence. It didn't look like it on that video, just seemed like a bunch of charvas having a go at PSG fans walking past.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Obviously that's just the one post quoted, for all I know the rest of the replies on that thread might all praise and graciousness. Although I doubt it.

No. Reads like an Everton or Sunderland forum. Quite bitter surprisingly.