Newcastle United 4-1 Paris Saint-Germain (04/10/23)

Disco

I know it didn’t work versus Liverpool and I’m still convinced it was shit luck but a hallmark of our Howe teams are that if we can get a lead we keep pushing and we can absolutely destroy ANY side. The final goal sums it up. 

Teams fall apart against us when they can’t get through our back line. It affects the rest of their play massively.  Our defence is incredibly important not only in stopping us shipping goals but as importantly in dejecting other sides where our belief rises as theirs goes down. Time and again after we get a goal in games against teams that struggle to get shots off against us, we end up scoring a ton

51 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

The extended highlights on NUFC.co.uk should have Ando and Raizor commentary. Would like to hear the Ray Hudson commentary too. 

They didnt play local hero as we walked out last night did they? Think it was some shitty UEFA music. Corporate cunts.  

You'll need to VPN

Shame this lad got himself banned, would love to hear his thoughts on the game.

On 02/10/2023 at 02:18, Mbappe said:

Botman et Guimaraes 2 joueurs de la ligue française

Comme bernardo silva, yaya toure, drogba, sadio mane, eden danger, henry

Tous les meilleurs joueurs

In fact, without the French championship, the Premier League would be on a par with the Turkish championship.

Lots of plaudits from fans of other Premier League clubs in the comments which is weird cos RTG thinks other fans all hate us.

10 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I know it didn’t work versus Liverpool and I’m still convinced it was shit luck but a hallmark of our Howe teams are that if we can get a lead we keep pushing and we can absolutely destroy ANY side. The final goal sums it up. 

Given his record since, it really is unfortunate one of Miggy's rockets didn't go in that day.

2 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

I liked how every time we scored, the camera went to Mbappe. Poor sod looked like he was trying to figure out a way to get a transfer to the Toon.  

Eddie could turn him into a canny player i reckon.

10 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Shame this lad got himself banned, would love to hear his thoughts on the game.

Lots of plaudits from fans of other Premier League clubs in the comments which is weird cos RTG thinks other fans all hate us.

This actually made me feel bad for slagging off some clubs to be honest. The comments were so positive, I’ll maybe try to be a bit less of a dick on occasions 

For anyone like me who’s been clamming for the extended highlights, they’ll be on the clubs YouTube channel tomorrow at 10pm. UEFA don’t allow the club to put their own highlights up for 48 hours following the game. 

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

For anyone like me who’s been clamming for the extended highlights, they’ll be on the clubs YouTube channel tomorrow at 10pm. UEFA don’t allow the club to put their own highlights up for 48 hours following the game. 

Can’t wait 👍🏻

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

USA VPN for this. The way Ray Hudson says look out before Schar smashes it :smitten:

“Swiss precision, Rolex could learn a thing or two from him” was my highlight 

Still hard to believe that this happened to be honest, was fairly certain that nights like this were consigned to history not too long ago, as good as it has got in my lifetime and only the 5-0 against Manure really comes close for pure unbridled euphoria. Unquestionably better than the Barca 3-2 given that was ultimately a small positive while Dalglish was busy setting us on a downward trajectory.

Edited by Dandy Man

Its a sign of our team that when it went to 3-0 you felt we could easily go on to batter them 5 or 6-0. Doesn't matter who it is or who we even have on the pitch, its just the belief we have in the team. 

Just watched the highlights (again). Schar's goal is instantly iconic, but in 20 years the first one will provide a great snapshot of this team. It starts with a half-hearted press, but then PSG play the ball back to a CB again and at that moment Gordon, who had been all the way on the right because of the FK before, pushes in. Tonali has the RB covered, Isak is blocking a path to the other CB, and Longstaff and Bruno are on the CMs. In a split second it went from an innocuous situation to danger, forcing a turnover. And then I love a good rebound goal and this one is complete with Miggy's one-footedness in all its glory. 

2 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Just watched the highlights (again). Schar's goal is instantly iconic, but in 20 years the first one will provide a great snapshot of this team. It starts with a half-hearted press, but then PSG play the ball back to a CB again and at that moment Gordon, who had been all the way on the right because of the FK before, pushes in. Tonali has the RB covered, Isak is blocking a path to the other CB, and Longstaff and Bruno are on the CMs. In a split second it went from an innocuous situation to danger, forcing a turnover. And then I love a good rebound goal and this one is complete with Miggy's one-footedness in all its glory. 

“My Left Foot” starring Miggy Almirón 

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

Nice to see from a man that always seems so grumpy.  I've been enjoying his villainous laugh since the takeover.  Us being decent has turned him into a big softie.  

Said this before. He’s a hilarious aside when we’re good but he’s unbearable when we’re shit. Supported Pardew until the end.

After a day of reflection I have realised that I need to make a sincere and honest apology to Liverpool fans.

They were right. We celebrated that win too much. I mean all we did was hammer PSG who has a squad of world class footballers, and possibly the best footballer in the world right now 4-1, in our first home game in the Champions League in 20 years.

That’s though is no accomplishment to their late 2nd half comeback to win against (checks notes) LASK.

In addition to this, they are also right that we, despite never selling a single new season ticket since before the takeover, are plastic fans.

We just can’t compare to their loyal following in Liverpudlian suburbs which have LFC official stores such as (checks notes); Belfast, Dublin, Dubai, Bangkok x2, Singapore x2, Chiang Mai, Petaling Jaya, Chonburi, Phuket, and Washington DC.

Edited by Stifler

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Going on like being employed by a football club is the same as national service  :lol: He literally offered out posters on here in the Southampton away end, you're way out of your depth on this one like (as well as acting like a complete dick)

Good point and you’ve reminded me that I really dislike the ‘they’ve been a loyal servant’ schtick. He was paid, like, he didn’t do it out of the goodness of his heart.