Newcastle United 4-0 Crystal Palace (21/10/23)

Disco

Missing their best players and no plan B once the first goal went in, pretty much explains their performance.

They are comfortably the most boring side in the league, feel like they are constantly finishing 13th or something.

Not even shite enough to be in a relegation battle. 

17 hours ago, Wilson said:

Absolute whoppers.  All in black hoodies trying to give it the biggun, they were sat doon for most of the 2nd half. 

Shit cunts. 

20231021_145759.jpg

Am I being thick, but what has happened for the mask to slip?

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Palace went for the moneyball approach of buying 5 of the same shit striker… maybe have been a flawed plan. 

They seem to love a striker who never hits the net. Benteke had a few purple patches for them but I'm sure there was a point when he started most games in a season and got like 2 goals or something.

Really good team performance. I think our direct play is so hard for opposition teams to deal with, coupled with the fact that we have so much pace, it makes the opposition look extremely average. Its a game changer having quality players on both wings. I'm not entirely sure what Eddie Howe has done to Murphy, but it's up there with the transformation of Joelinton. His best performance in a black and white shirt, such intelligent play.

4 hours ago, gbandit said:

Love the feeling of a Sunday like this, 3 points won, great performance, no nerves or apprehension about playing later today. Only thing that’s missing is that there’s only one other PL game on today 

Chuck in there mackems' meltdown after their loss yesterday too, great Sunday! 

Edited by nufcjb

4 hours ago, gbandit said:

Love the feeling of a Sunday like this, 3 points won, great performance, no nerves or apprehension about playing later today. Only thing that’s missing is that there’s only one other PL game on today 

This this this fucking this.

1 hour ago, BlueStar said:

Palace were abysmal, they need some overseas investment I think.

Or maybe we're just good at making other teams look average. 

Not every team is meant to be special. They're a middle of the road club from an area already over saturated with football clubs.

Just noticed Wilson's second use of his body on Longstaff's goal. Little hussle put Guehi off a little and then he slightly blocked off the centre-half. May have made no difference but it bought Longstaff fractionally more time and space which might have helped with composure.

Seen Tonali do something similar for Bruno to cross for Burn's goal against PSG.

Apart from anything else, such as no run really being in vein knowing the defenders can pick-out and however its played a touch from anyone else can play you in, were such a bright team.

1 minute ago, Jonas said:

Just noticed Wilson's second use of his body on Longstaff's goal. Little hussle put Guehi off a little and then he slightly blocked off the centre-half. May have made no difference but it bought Longstaff fractionally more time and space which might have helped with composure.

Seen Tonali do something similar for Bruno to cross for Burn's goal against PSG.

Apart from anything else, such as no run really being in vein knowing the defenders can pick-out and however its played a touch from anyone else can play you in, were such a bright team.

Aye class. Tonali did similar to buy Bruno time for our second v PSG.

52 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Not every team is meant to be special. They're a middle of the road club from an area already over saturated with football clubs.

I read a report on the potential support base of each of the 92 league clubs. Palacr were way ahead in top position (based on demographics within a certain radius and alternative clubs within said radius). Based on that, Crystal Palace should be the biggest football club in England.

Poor Woy, he just stood at the touch line stuck in Windows 7 and no idea what to do. The game has left him behind just at has with the likes of Steve Bruce. It's a far more technical game now and Woy reminded me of Joe Biden, all sorts of problems going on  around him but no idea what to do about it