Newcastle United 0-1 Borussia Dortmund (25/10/23)

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I love Miggy but I genuinely think Murphy is a much better fit for the team.

It's been made worse by losing Isak who offers direct pace. Miggy tends to cut back which negates his pace threat from an attack POV.

5 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

What the fuck is this? Nobody's complaining. We're just analysing the first half and trying to work out where w can be better.

A few people were saying we've been crap. We haven't. We've competed against a very good team. We've tried. That's why I posted it.

Just now, AmericanLooneyToon said:

This. All I've seen are posts from fans that are a little disappointed but just trying discussing the first half. Can't stand when certain fans look for ways to cut down other fans for showing any emotion.

Quite a few posts describing that as some variation of 'crap,' which seems incredibly harsh. It wasn't great and we need to work some things out, but Dortmund needs some credit. 

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

They have not "schooled us".

What on earth are you watching man?

We've had a couple of chances but they've played us off the park at our own ground. We've been second best in every department. 

If you disagree and think we've been better anywhere, fair enough. But I think the stats will support that we haven't.

BBC have us with 4 shots, 2 on target. They've had 10 with 5 on target. They've had more corners too. They've thoroughly outplayed us. There's no shame in saying that either, they're an excellent team, but we've been second best everywhere.

6 minutes ago, STM said:

Said time and time again that Joelinton hasn't had a good game for us this season. Was shocking against Brighton and then had his injury. 

He's not competing the way he used to. Of course it will come back, but we are a man down.

For me sometimes he can look lost, as if he's out of position. Imo, he just hasn't learnt the position (CM) quite well enough when you play the better sides, i think you pick his games, so he gains more and more experience to pick up the finer nuances of a CM.

Edited by Bimpy474

3 minutes ago, midds said:

They're smart and good in possession, they pass the ball well and are cutting through the press too easily. This is another lesson about how to deal with different opposition and ways of playing and we need to either change it at HT to deal with it or get smarter pressing beyong the ball. We've been caught out by a single pass too many times that half, fucking learn from it

We've won the ball off them with our press numerous times already and have just not capitalised on our opportunities.

Absolutely nothing in this game. 

9 minutes ago, simonsays said:

Fans online complaining about the support of fans in the ground always feels a bit ridiculous to me

I know what you mean, but plenty of us will have been to more NUFC matches than many of those there tonight - but I’m not flying back from Sydney for every home game. 

1 minute ago, Joe1984 said:

A few people were saying we've been crap. We haven't. We've competed against a very good team. We've tried. That's why I posted it.

Ok I've not seen that as a general consensus. If it's individuals, maybe quote them because a generic post like yours seemed like it was aimed at the forum as a whole.

Personally I think they've been excellent, but I wouldn't describe us as crap. Just outplayed so far by a team that's been better than us.

1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

We've had a couple of chances but they've played us off the park at our own ground. We've been second best in every department. 

If you disagree and think we've been better anywhere, fair enough. But I think the stats will support that we haven't.

BBC have us with 4 shots, 2 on target. They've had 10 with 5 on target. They've had more corners too. They've thoroughly outplayed us. There's no shame in saying that either, they're an excellent team, but we've been second best everywhere.

Played us off the park and thoroughly outplayed us yeah?

I genuinely don't know what game you're watching.

We had more of the possession first half and only two less corners.

They've just been more threatening on the break.