Newcastle United 0-1 Borussia Dortmund (25/10/23)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Superior Acuña said:

Our fans sometimes man. We can be great, but the audible anger so quickly after it turns and someone makes a mistake (e.g. there when Pope punched it)

Always been the case, or at least as far back as I can remember.  No other big crowd in England turns so quickly - we’re flappers

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

We haven’t been crap like :lol:

fucking hell, not liking this new era of fan tbh 

Yep, quite even game and they are very good. We need to get Wilson in to the game more though and stop trying to fish for free kicks.

Edited by soyt

We've been slightly off today, not sure if its the weather, or their shape but we're not quite finding our rhythm, its been an even game overall but they've looked dangerous on the counter so them getting the first isn't a massive surprise. Back us to get back into it, we just need to up our quality a bit.

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

Positive as ever:lol:

Been a fairly even contest. They've had the better chances. We should've had a stonewall pen.

:lol: it’s a coping mechanism.

I just mean they can just break on the counter against us now that we have to go all out.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

We haven’t been crap like :lol:

fucking hell, not liking this new era of fan tbh 

Yeah it's been very tight, they've edged it. Score is probably about right but we're right in it. Same story in Milan where everyone lost their fucking minds, then we dicked PSG

Joelinton has been a bit off it since he's come back from injury. We've not been too bad but Dortmund have been brilliant and are coping with the conditions better than us.

Edited by CPL

Referee needs to get a fucking grip. Anytime they get forward they are fouling us and he’s letting it go time and time again.

Wilson needs to fucking wake the fuck up as well. He’s stifled every single attack that we have had, either not bothering to run, or even not going to get the ball that’s a yard in front of him and letting the Dortmund defender get it, which released them on the attack and resulted in a great chance for them.

Gordon needs to release the ball instead of running into danger in the middle of nowhere, same for Longstaff.

I think with maybe not following the match thread minute by minute I’ve got a much more positive view of that half. They looked better than us but only just. There’s definitely still something in it for us here. 

Just now, nemtizz said:

They absolutely deserve to lead. It’s more how good they’ve been than how bad we’ve been. They’ve been very good off the ball.

Atmosphere doesn’t sound great either. 

I think that drum is ruining the atmosphere for us. Just sounds weird at a home game