Newcastle United 0-1 Borussia Dortmund (25/10/23)

Yorkie

Guest reefatoon
4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

We haven’t been crap like :lol:

fucking hell, not liking this new era of fan tbh 

Totally agree

Dortmund haven't scored so many this season, their weakness is in front of goal, so disappointing that we opened the door for them so late in the second half. Gordon's been one of our more positive players but that was an awful place to lose the ball when we had them scrambling.

At the other end we look toothless with Almiron and Joelinton offering nothing much going forward. This was not the game we wanted Wilson over Isak.

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

Don't think we've been bad but they have definitely been better. Not sure how the scorer had so much space and I think there's a foul on Gordon before he's tackled.

Also, anyone know why the Miggy pen shout wasn't even checked? 

Need to try and get some pressure on these second half. Test that sub CB out.

I don’t think he was fouled tbh. It was the second time he suicidally dribbled through the middle like that and just got caught there.

I think it's fair to say we've had a lot of posession and gotten to dangerous areas, but been a bit poor with the passing. Dortmund have looked dangerous on the counter and are slightly deserving of the lead. Wilson and Joelinton havent been great. Gordon looks so good today though and is our only real standout player.

Miss Isaks dynamism big time. When he drops deep and joins in with build up play we create better chances.

Wilson plays on the shoulder and doesn't particularly hold the ball up well. We'll struggle for chances with him up top I think.

They've done us on the counter several times. Poor of Gordon to lose it there.

The opposition have provided quite the lesson in counter-attacking football, like. They've massively limited the space we've got to work in, meanwhile they've found space when in possession with total ease.

Cage our playmakers, limit the ability to build passing moves, belt into space in numbers on the counter.

Work cut out to turn it around. We'll have to find something more than the 'Miggy Fulham goal' move.

Dortmund the best team first half and deserve their lead.  Issak going off was a blow.  Dortmund have done their homework on Trippier, "let him attack and we will attack the right back position".  Eddie needs to sort that.  Dortmund will slow the second half (old players) and we will get at least a draw, possibly a sneaky win.

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

Are Dortmund playing at home? 45 mins of noise from them and have barely heard a peep from our lot. Pathetic stuff.

Fans online complaining about the support of fans in the ground always feels a bit ridiculous to me

1 minute ago, Joe1984 said:

We don't demand a team that wins. We demand a team that tries.

Or is that over now?

What the fuck is this? Nobody's complaining. We're just analysing the first half and trying to work out where w can be better.