Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Newcastle United: 28/10/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Tough match, they are on a great run and have beaten city at home already and got a point against Villa. Team pretty much picks itself due to who we have missing. The concern is we only have Willock as an attacking sub.

Can see this being an awful watch with a goal in it either way. 

We've got chronic injuries but can still field:

Pope

Trippier  Lascelles Schar   Burn

Bruno

Longstaff         Joelinton

Miggy                               Gordon

Wilson

Also have Willock coming back and a huge opportunity for the likes of Hall, Livramento, Targett and Co to come off the bench and make a real difference.

I'd actually start Targett for this. I thought he looked in good shape when he came in. Save Burn for Man United.

1 hour ago, STM said:

Pope

Bruno

Wilson

Also have Willock coming back and a huge opportunity for the likes of Hall, Livramento, Targett and Co to come off the bench and make a real difference.

I'd actually start Targett for this. I thought he looked in good shape when he came in. Save Burn for Man United.

Yeah I would play Targett too - Burn has been good, clearly needs a break

Wonder if it's better to use Wilson off the bench. Can you feasibly ask him to play this many games in succession and not risk him getting injured too? 70 mins on Saturday, 80 mins last night. Might have to be Gordon up front?

1 minute ago, buzz said:

Wonder if it's better to use Wilson off the bench. Can you feasibly ask him to play this many games in succession and not risk him getting injured too? 70 mins on Saturday, 80 mins last night. Might have to be Gordon up front?

Joelinton throwback.

Edited by Sima

1 hour ago, buzz said:

I would play Wilson on Saturday and let him rest against Man United in midweek.

4 hours ago, STM said:

Pope

Bruno

Wilson

Targett looked good when he came on.

I don't think Wolves have the technical fluency that Dortmund have, so I think our secondary players will be more than good enough to get a win. By secondary I don't mean second rate, I just mean the ones who aren't superstars like Isak or Bruno.

It will be tough, and they have taken points off some very good teams this year as already mentioned, plus our injuries, but they are still a clear bottom half team. Away matches against any of the obvious fellow better 9 will be harder on paper, so while it wouldn't be the end of the world, I wouldn't 'take a point' if hypothetically offered. Hopefully we can pull off a narrow win here.

Edited by Paullow

11 minutes ago, STM said:

We've been devastating against this type of opposition recently, I see no reason why that would change.

Injuries, suspension and possible fatigue. These are reasons that it COULD change, doesn't mean that it's going to.

Edited by Erikse

Hopefully a big effort here and then the likes of Dummett, Livramento, Hall, Targett (if not vs Wolves) maybe Ritchie etc. against Man Utd in the week. Man, there's not too many fringe players these days because those who might be considered that are generally covering the injuries and suspensions

1 minute ago, Paullow said:

Hopefully a big effort here and then the likes of Dummett, Livramento, Hall, Targett (if not vs Wolves) maybe Ritchie etc. against Man Utd in the week. Man, there's not too many fringe players these days because those who might be considered that are generally covering the injuries and suspensions

Man U is tricky - who on earth do we start?

rotation needs to start now as next 4 games are sick.

Wolves a

United a

Arsenal h

Dortmund a

Burn, Schar, Trippier, Gordon, Bruno, Longstaff, Almiron etc. starting these four in a row wont work. Willock, Murphy, Livramento, Hall need to come in and prove themselves. Livrmento was great in the cup vs City, has to do same in league.

would say this  Wolves one is the most winnable game out of next few, hoping to keep it quit and score one and come away with 3 points s we really need it. have seen Wolves vs United, Pool, and City and they were very decent going forward. they beat City, were robbed of  pen vs United and missed sitters and were leading vs Pool too.

hope the Dortmund game didnt take out too much energy from the team.