Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-2 Newcastle United (28/10/23)

Disco

One of those once it's given on-field it isn't a clear and obvious error. Harsh, but he takes the player with the follow through.

It's probably a foul anywhere else on the pitch. Not saying it's right, but that's how it is at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Honestly don't think there's a thing wrong with the penalty call. It's lucky because the punishment outweighs the crime enormously, just like Gordon's against Brentford, but both were very much won by our players. Fuck calling it lucky, we're Eddie's shithousing Mags.

I can see why it’s given, but I would be raging if that went against us, they nearly had an immediate one in response though.

It’s one that teams like Liverpool get all the time, but we will virtually never see it given for us.

Edited by Stifler

We've been pretty poor overall apart from Bruno who's been carrying us. Would love Pedro Neto here - think he'd be perfect for our right hand side.

Normally I'd fancy us to step it up second half but we look tired and have so little off the bench.

3 minutes ago, timnufc22 said:

I don’t understand Howe’s reluctance to rotate, despite spending big money on the likes of Livramento. Why burn players out like trippier until you decide to play their ‘backups’? By the time Livramento plays he could be in a rusty situation. I think it’s really going to hurt us to is season with such a congested fixture list. 

What he considers rotation options are all injured or unavailable. Barnes, Isak, Tonali, Murphy, Anderson. 

The rest are proper backups in Howe’s eyes. Unless we go behind I expect Dan Burn to play 90 minutes. 

Just now, geordie_b said:

Karma for us not getting one down here last year

They always fuck us on decisions. We should have had a penalty in the last minute in a game up here a few years ago, only for the referee to not give a foul, and for them to go down on the break and score a winner.

I reckon we do away with penalties, just sin bin the offending player for 10 minutes. Is it really worth a free shot a goal when someone makes a "foul" at the edge of the box whilst the player is running away from goal. 

That's a fine use of VAR to me. Probably not a pen, but not conclusive enough to overturn the decision. Like umpire's call in cricket.

I thought we shaded the play but conceded a very poor goal. They conceded two. Big Cal can't stop scoring.

4 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

Wolves are among the biggest cunts in English football. Fuck them.

I know they can act bad, but they are nowhere near the worst 5-6 for me. I do have some sympathy for them. 

Eddie needs to get into these lads at half time. We've perhaps had a touch of luck to be a goal up so need to tighten it up and do the job second half. Burn badly struggling with the pace on his side. Strong argument that we should sub both him and Trippier .