Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-2 Newcastle United (28/10/23)

Disco

Entertaining game, not a great quality game. Trippier has been off of late and that's really hurting us. Needs a rest. Burn vs Neto was like watching me against Usain Bolt. All in all, not a bad point but there are some concerning signs.

3 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Not using the £70m on the bench is hurting too mind.

About 120 million quid from the summer transfer window that are non-factors for this team (160 million quid if you count Barnes, but I'm assuming he'll at least feature as a sub in the new year)

It's harsh and hindsight is 20/20, but the summer window was a shocker from Eddie, especially when we needed to stretch everything we had to expend under FFP for quality

4 minutes ago, Andy said:

A point at wolves is fine, they're a decent team. 

Have to agree with the comments on the lack of substitutions. The summer signings are looking like really poor decisions at the moment, if we aren't utilising them when we're this threadbare. 

A point at Wolves is fine, but dropping points like this will make getting into the top 4 more difficult with Spurs, Man City, Liverpool, and Arsenal. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

What subs would you have made? Thought Tino could have come on for Trippier.

Aye the Tino for trippier one, and Targett for Burn. We were crying out for some fresh legs just before they scored.

Just now, Solitude20 said:

A point at Wolves is fine, but dropping points like this will make getting into the top 4 more difficult with Spurs, Man City, Liverpool, and Arsenal. 

We’re not getting top 4. Maybe top 6.

1 minute ago, Upthemags said:

About 120 million quid from the summer transfer window that are non-factors for this team (160 million quid if you count Barnes, but I'm assuming he'll at least feature as a sub in the new year)

It's harsh and hindsight is 20/20, but the summer window was a shocker from Eddie, especially when we needed to stretch everything we had to expend under FFP for quality

You think he should have known that Barnes and Isak would get injured and Tonali would get banned for gambling? 

Joelinton looks like he's energy zapped, also wish Bruno would stop going down looking for a decision so often, think refs are wise to him now.

We looked out of ideas as the game went on, and we were fortunate Neto had to go off, feel Burn was losing that battle. 

Still can't get my head round Eddie not using Livramento or Hall who can play other positions to allow the regular starters a chance to recover, several looked burnt out, he could play Livramento down the wing and helped Gordon, equally Targett for Burn, or Hall for Burn, or Hall could have covered in the middle for Joelinton perhaps.

Just find it unusual he'd allow the lads to get leggy, and knackered. 

The Liverpool game was a bit of a freak, but we've looked noticeably fatigued away to West Ham and Wolves, directly after European games.

Our decision making and press gradually deteriorated in both, plus while big Jam has done well, he's not Botman.

It felt like it was inevitable and something we'll learn to manage with experience and quality additions.

Managers just don’t make defensive substitutions unless they absolutely have too. It’s hardly a new thing and I get some people need something to seethe at but howay man. It’s made borderline zero difference to the result.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

You think he should have known that Barnes and Isak would get injured and Tonali would get banned for gambling? 

I think 70 million quid on two fullbacks not fit to see the pitch was a terrible allocation of limited funds, when we knew we needed depth with European fixtures

5 minutes ago, Memphis said:

Entertaining game, not a great quality game. Trippier has been off of late and that's really hurting us. Needs a rest. Burn vs Neto was like watching me against Usain Bolt. All in all, not a bad point but there are some concerning signs.

Are you really that quick?

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Managers just don’t make defensive substitutions unless they absolutely have too. It’s hardly a new thing and I get some people need something to seethe at but howay man. It’s made borderline zero difference to the result.

Apart from the goal tripps was responsible for

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Who signed Hall and Liv? They were either signed for the future or signed by someone else. Either way it’s not what was needed.

7 minutes ago, gbandit said:

We’ve seen Tino play a Motm performance against Man City. I know he’s going to be starting from midweek but he really should have come on for Trippier today. Agree on Hall insofar as he got decent minutes for Chelsea. If he can’t come on for Burn late in matches then it doesn’t make a lot of sense. I know how much Howe likes people to settle before they start playing but our starting 11 has been dying in recent games after 70 mins 

Easy to say , but honestly think if he made that change and they had won the game it would be an awful decision

It sort of makes sense - Trippier wasn’t bad at the end though 

I would trust Howe 1000% before starting to make armchair decisions on 21 year olds coming on and changing much like 

Hall is no where near burns level, he’s not quite ready

If schar was playing poorly would you drag him off ? 
changing a defence is a tougher decision than what your thinking especially when the game is ebbing and flowing 

Just now, Ronaldo said:

Who signed Hall and Liv? They were either signed for the future or signed by someone else. Either way it’s not what was needed.

Future and backup mate

It was what was needed we’re building a squad for the future. You know nothing about the inner works of the club