League Cup Quarter Final - Chelsea (a) -19/12/23 @ 8pm (live on SkySports)

11 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

In a single cup competition to draw consecutively

Man City (h)

Man Utd (a)

Chelsea (a)

Is pretty suss like. I mean can anyone find a harder run than that for any teams single cup draw?!

Everton played four of the top five in the 2009 FA Cup, as well as then-PL Middlesbrough.  That’s the hardest one I can think of

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

They're likely to go pretty much full strength you'd imagine. Would be good to not play the likes of Dummett and Ritchie, not that they've been awful.

We'll have to, like. It's right among another fixture pile-up, just before Christmas. 

Not the tie you're used to fearing is Chelsea away but howay man, these draws. :lol:

Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea in this cup and the group of death in the CL. Looking forward to getting past Chelsea and being handed a 2 legged semi final v Liverpool with us at home first.

We will know where we will stand in Europe by then

We should have a bigger squad to chose from by then

Fulham at home

Luton away

Forest at home

Are the fixtures closest to that game so abit more maneuvering to be done with the squad than what we could  do tonight with wolves away arsenal and dortmund away sandwiching it...

Would think if we do get through, we'd be joined by Liverpool, Everton, and Middlesbrough in the semis. Seems we'll have to beat Liverpool to win it. I don't think I'd fancy us against them either way, but better chance in semis than final - they've so much big game experience I wouldn't fancy us at all at Wembley v them. 

Is it wrong that I'd rather go out to them in the semi than lose a final again? 

They are the only side I would fear in the final, due to our mental block against them it seems.

I think we would beat every single other side. Chelsea away is the the only other banana skin but we are a better team, they just have plenty of individuals but hopefully they are still faltering when we rock up. 

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

We'll have to, like. It's right among another fixture pile-up, just before Christmas. 

Step off MF.

Sven will be back and Krafth looked good. Dummett hasn't been bad but he makes me nervous seeing his name, and Jackson is rapid (not that we're blessed with the quickest of defenders anyway like). Its sandwiched between Fulham at home and Luton away and I'd hope scalping Chelsea would be taken very seriously. I wont be mad if they're in cos they kind of deserve it, but at the same time...

Glad for the team and especially the new / returning players tonight and good to have another game for them to play (hope they do) but I still personally couldn’t care less about this competition this year.

10 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Step off MF.

Sven will be back and Krafth looked good. Dummett hasn't been bad but he makes me nervous seeing his name, and Jackson is rapid (not that we're blessed with the quickest of defenders anyway like). Its sandwiched between Fulham at home and Luton away and I'd hope scalping Chelsea would be taken very seriously. I wont be mad if they're in cos they kind of deserve it, but at the same time...

:lol:

7 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

Would think if we do get through, we'd be joined by Liverpool, Everton, and Middlesbrough in the semis. Seems we'll have to beat Liverpool to win it. I don't think I'd fancy us against them either way, but better chance in semis than final - they've so much big game experience I wouldn't fancy us at all at Wembley v them. 

This is my thinking too

Plus, I know he's only one player but they'll be without Salah in the semi finals, which can't be a bad thing

its fuc*ing sick draw for a Carabao run. WTF?

I bet no English teams had as hard combined CL group draw + first 3 Carabao games in last 20 years.

yo can almost feel FA cup third round draw will result  a draw vs Arsenal, Pool or City while there are still clubs from Conference League in it...

even if beat Chelsea imo its dead certain that we are vs Pool in semis rather than the winner of Port Vale/Boro.

7 minutes ago, BShearer said:

its fuc*ing sick draw for a Carabao run. WTF?

I bet no English teams had as hard combined CL group draw + first 3 Carabao games in last 20 years.

yo can almost feel FA cup third round draw will result  a draw vs Arsenal, Pool or City while there are still clubs from Conference League in it...

even if beat Chelsea imo its dead certain that we are vs Pool in semis rather than the winner of Port Vale/Boro.

Fuck them, we’ll win things the hard way.