League Cup Quarter Final - Chelsea (a) -19/12/23 @ 8pm (live on SkySports)

Just now, The Prophet said:

Add that to the fixture list at the start of the season, along with the absentees and we're not getting much luck.

Draw

Win

Lose

Win

Win

Win

Win

Win

Win

Win

Win

Win 

Win

You know the drill

They are taking it very seriously, pretty much full strength tonight. This will be much harder than tonight but hopefully we go full strength with Luton at home after it. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Add that to the fixture list at the start of the season, along with the absentees and we're not getting much luck.

We're in uncharted territory for siege mentality being created off the back of this adversity, might have us playing Schar up front come January.

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I mean, there were 14 possibilities there and the only 2 scenarios worse than that one would have been Liverpool (A) followed by Liverpool (H). :lol:

Really wouldn't have fancied everton away tbh. They're starting to pick up abit and the fans seem back onside with the players

In a single cup competition to draw consecutively

Man City (h)

Man Utd (a)

Chelsea (a)

Is pretty suss like. I mean can anyone find a harder run than that for any teams single cup draw?!

Edited by Scotty66

Just now, Scotty66 said:

Man City (a)

Man Utd (a)

Chelsea (a)

Is pretty suss like. I mean can anyone find a harder run than that for any teams single cup draw?!

Man City was at home.

1 minute ago, Scotty66 said:

Man City (a)

Man Utd (a)

Chelsea (a)

Man City was at home.

Just a gentle reminder that we fielded a side that consisted of fringe players and players freshly coming back from injury tonight with the exclusion of maybe 4 or 5 players.

We won 3 0 away at Old Trafford. If we perform we win. Such is Eddie Howes class.

I'd rather think of it as us taking out potential winners earlier and leaving us an easier fixture in the final. 

For example I'd rather face Liverpool over two legs in the semi of we get past Chelsea, than a one off game in the final. 

We were great tonight, an example of unity and exceptional coaching, but fucking hell Man Utd really were horrific - utterly broken; I probably wouldn't make too many conclusions about our prospects in the next round based on tonight.

Chelsea away is a fucking turd of a fixture. It's a really annoying draw, and a really fucking annoying journey right before we need to travel to Luton as well. Hopefully we've earned a bit of respite going into the FA Cup.

3 minutes ago, alexf said:

I'd rather think of it as us taking out potential winners earlier and leaving us an easier fixture in the final. 

For example I'd rather face Liverpool over two legs in the semi of we get past Chelsea, than a one off game in the final. 

At least I can cope with us losing in the final when it’s to a big team. If we go into a final as favourites against Everton or someone and fuck it, I’ll never get over it