Newcastle United 1-0 Arsenal (04/11/23) - Post match reaction from p. 46

Yorkie

HWTL - Arsenal were flopping the entire game. Saka pretty much fisted the ball to himself up field at some point, and Havertz nearly snapped Longy's ankle. End of the day, goal could have gone either way, went our way, that's football. We're massive.

Arsenal can whinge all they want. Fact is Havertz should've been off 20 minutes in and was let off the hook. A big coin flip call didn't go there way and that's the nature of the game.

I reckon if the ref blows for a foul by Joelinton the decision isn’t overturned.

Ball was likely in play, and it definitely isn’t offside - but I wouldn’t have argued too much re Joelinton fouling the defender.

But I’m sure the entitled Arsenal brigade on Twitter are also furious re the lack of a red for Havertz

Remember when we were utter shit and these teams ran over us without breaking sweat? Remember when the odd goal here and there never mattered because there was a yawning chasm between the 2 sides on display?

Now you have moaning wankers like Arteta virtually crying because things aren't going their way any longer. We've absolutely arrived on the scene and are here for the duration. We're no longer a push-over and a soft-touch, we're taking points from them and knocking them out of Cups now. Fucking elbows out and punching our weight and they hate it. We're extra competition and they don't know how to react, it's beautiful. 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I reckon if the ref blows for a foul by Joelinton the decision isn’t overturned.

Ball was likely in play, and it definitely isn’t offside - but I wouldn’t have argued too much re Joelinton fouling the defender.

But I’m sure the entitled Arsenal brigade on Twitter are also furious re the lack of a red for Havertz

Arsenal twitter is an absolute delight tonight, my keyboard is smoking and I'm loving it, especially that tool Piers Morgan.

58 minutes ago, Memphis said:

The point was - if both of the players end up with only one defender behind them, even a backward or level pass is offside. 

The image is from right before the ball ends up with Gordon. In that image, both players are behind Raya, leaving only one defender between them and the goal. If Joelinton passes that ball, it is absolutely offside no matter which direction the pass travels. The rule specifically says as much...you are only onside if you are behind two defenders or level with the second-last one.

But since you can't quite tell how the ball gets to Gordon, it has to stand.

Screenshot_20231104_170009_YouTube ReVanced Extended.jpg

Q1: How long have you been watching football and thought this was the case? 

Q2: How do you have the confidence to sound so assured of your viewpoint? 

6 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

HWTL - Arsenal were flopping the entire game. Saka pretty much fisted the ball to himself up field at some point, and Havertz nearly snapped Longy's ankle. End of the day, goal could have gone either way, went our way, that's football. We're massive.

Arsenal can whinge all they want. Fact is Havertz should've been off 20 minutes in and was let off the hook. A big coin flip call didn't go there way and that's the nature of the game.

The one Bruno finally got booked for (agree he shouldn't have been on the pitch anyway), in the chest but holding his face. I really wish cards were thrown around for that kind of blatant simulation too.

The amount of times Arsenal have came here and got every decision, and I mean every decision, has been shocking.

They have been carried through wins up here so many times I care to remember. The fact that they think they got fucked over by the referee is both an indication of their victim complex, and absolutely laughable.

If that was more controversial than Sheffield United's penalty then it wasn't by much but the difference in behaviour from Arseholeteta and O'Neil is worlds apart. Especially considering O'Neil had one last week, maybe he's more used to it instead of being a brat used to getting his own way.

I'd probably have gave it but Joelinton is expecting a more robust challenge from the Arsenal player rather than trying to push him and angling for a Burn v PSG style towering header, which is why the flight of the ball was totally misread.

Just now, The Prophet said:

They're taking it how you might expect them to.

It’s pathetic when you see people reach for corruption when it’s incompetence at worst.  Funniest thing is that the only part of the goal which was genuinely contentious was the shove, and I’ve seen loads of those go either way.  They’ve hardly been robbed. 

I don't think it was a foul to be honest - watching the replay Joelinton doesn't actually push him down, he stoops down to try and get under the ball and flick it away and cocks it up. I think Gary Neville calls it right.

I didn't think the ball was out in real time, or on the replay.

The biggest doubt for me was the offside, but it was clearly very tight & impossible to tell from the angles.

Really not some horrendous travesty of justice.

:lol: it's absolutely shamefull. They actually got the benefit of the doubt on so many 50/50s it was ridiculous, and the first major decision to go wrong was not sending that rat off, which renders everything afterwards void as it should have been 11 v 10.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

17 minutes ago, Shak said:

Dunno, feel like Gabriel is about to jump and header and Joe pushes his head down like a cheap whore's.

In slow mo or freeze frame it looks a lot worse. It would have been incredibly soft to give it, imo. Just looking for reasons to disallow goals these days, annoys me greatly, and not just for us. 

Performance was perfect right from the moment Havertz almost broke Longstaffs ankle. Before that the game had 0-0 written all over it.

Shame we had to concede so much possession after we scored but it was necessary and most of the players were shattered in those last 10 minutes.

Dortmund is going to be so so tough with all the injuries we've got. Just having Botman and Isak back would be enough to see us through these couple of weeks but I'd be surprised if anyone returns from the treatment room before the International break.

They managed a paltry 1 shot on target (which was comfortably saved), why the fuss? They didn't do anywhere near enough to win the game, at most they lost a point. Loads of corners but Pope doesn't need to wash his kit tonight, he had absolutely nothing to do.