Bournemouth 2-0 Newcastle United (11/11/23)

Yorkie

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I’m not failing to understand it at all, but we don’t win a game when Bruno doesn’t play. I don’t expect it to be addressed in January (I don’t expect any major business) but it’s still an issue that will have to be addressed eventually.

Sorry wasn't really a pop at you specifically. :thup:

Bruno is a tough one. I think it's next on our list and I think Tonali was the one to step in at number 6 but...

I reckon we will go all out for a Tonali replacement and an attacking player.

15 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Despite the knackers yard scenario thought there was a couple of poor selection shouts, big Joe has been looking to approach beast mode from last season last couple of games and yet he is shifted up top to virtually zero effect. And surely Livra ahead of Ritchie after recently wowing every fucker

Big joe was only played up top for a short period of time as eddie tried to rotae the centre forward role. 

and Tino has played very little football in the past due to a bad knee injury.

18 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Despite the knackers yard scenario thought there was a couple of poor selection shouts, big Joe has been looking to approach beast mode from last season last couple of games and yet he is shifted up top to virtually zero effect. And surely Livra ahead of Ritchie after recently wowing every fucker

Big joe was only played up top for a short period of time as eddie tried to rotae the centre forward role. 

Just now, huss9 said:

He played the whole match up top

If you want to unpick it...

Both full backs were sloppy on the ball.

There wasn't enough trust in Miley from the defence. 

The midfield was nonexistent off the ball. 

There was no focal point.

When we did press, it looked disjointed.

...but clearly almost all of that has been caused by injuries and fatigue.

Edited by The Prophet

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If you want to unpick it...

Both full backs were sloppy on the ball.

There wasn't enough trust in Miley from the defence. 

The midfield were nonexistent off the ball. 

There was no focal point.

When we did press, it looked disjointed.

...but clearly almost all of that has been caused by injuries and fatigue.

Yeah agree - I wonder if we could have done something else just to freshen it up - say play 3 at the back

Pope

Krafth Schar Dummett

Tino and Hall wingbacks

Trippier -  Miley - Longstaff - Ritchie 

Big Joe

Ultra defensive - Bore everyone to death for 65 mins then bring on Willock - Gordon and Miggy 

I’m clutching at straws - it is what it is - move on

That was probably Bournemouth’s strongest team against ‘Knackered United’ so no qualms here. 

A few individual mistakes cost us the game, but it has to be put down to fatigue and squad depth which will be addressed in the coming seasons. 

Think we’ll struggle to get a champions league placing this season unless we have a good push in the new year when the casualties are back. 

Still wished we’d of signed another out and out striker in the summer, to rely on 2 is a bit naive considering a long season along with 3 cup competitions. 

But they’re not doing too bad as it stands. 

The whole we should have signed player in X position arguement in the summer seems a bit daft. We went into the season with two strong 11's. There's not much you can do when the first choice and their replacements are both injured/suspended. 

2 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

The whole we should have signed player in X position arguement in the summer seems a bit daft. We went into the season with two strong 11's. There's not much you can do when the first choice and their replacements are both injured/suspended. 

The squad is deep enough, as is demonstrated by the fact that we were coping just fine when we had a normal-sized injury crisis.

It’s the extra-double-sized injury crisis we have now that we can’t handle.

Just now, Jaqen said:

It's pretty obvious we were pushing the limits of what we wanted to/were able to spend in January and Hall wouldn't have been signed had he not been available on a loan to buy. A full back, central midfielder and a winger was hardly terrible business. It's easy to stick the hindsight goggles on when you know where the injuries have fallen.

Everyone on here knows our squad has been torn to bits with these injuries. No right minded person thinks we lost purely because we’re now “shit”. Man City would struggle with this amount of injuries (not as much as us, but still).

There are perfectly valid questions to ask about whether we’re completely unlucky of some of these injuries are our fault. Personally I feel there have been games we could afford to bring the fringe players on to see the game out, but for whatever reason Eddie doesn’t like doing it. That probably doesn’t solve the injury crisis but it does help with the obvious exhaustion. 

it’s gonna take years before our young players are gonna be good enough to cover for these level of injuries. Hopefully we find a way to prevent them.