Bournemouth 2-0 Newcastle United (11/11/23)

Yorkie

8 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

The whole we should have signed player in X position arguement in the summer seems a bit daft. We went into the season with two strong 11's. There's not much you can do when the first choice and their replacements are both injured/suspended. 

On top of this we just don’t have the experience of dealing with PL and CL football 

Bear in mind our cup draws have been brutal - Man C - Man U - AC Milan - PSG - Dortmund - Dortmund with Chelsea - PSG and AC Milan still to play - that takes us to the middle of December - never in my football supporting life have I come across a team with this level of a draw

Edited by Mikky

I'll take it. Best performance of the season from us but admittedly against a team who appeared to be running on empty.

I wouldn't worry on your front, Eddie will get it right in the end. He's one of those annoying lifelong learners who keep improving themselves when they experience new things. The kind of person that makes me look bad in my job because I'm a lazy sod. As long as your ownership stay firmly behind him then the curve should continue upwards over time.

We were pretty desperate for the points so thanks for that. For what it's worth, we started the season with ten or eleven injuries so I feel your pain. And the depths of your squad are definitely superior to the depths of ours.

Now we have most, but not all, of those players back hopefully today can act as a launchpad as we go into some easier fixtures.

Edited by WillDanceForChocolate

17 minutes ago, Nowhere Man said:

That was probably Bournemouth’s strongest team against ‘Knackered United’ so no qualms here.

It wasn't. We were missing the three players who would be the first choice to play the three centre midfield positions when everyone is fit. In fact, I thought you were going to tear through us when I saw who he had gone with but it worked for today.

You did look knackered though. Most definitely. The international break has come at a good time for you.

3 minutes ago, WillDanceForChocolate said:

It wasn't. We were missing the three players who would be the first choice to play the three centre midfield positions when everyone is fit. In fact, I thought you were going to tear through us when I saw who he had gone with but it worked for today.

You did look knackered though. Most definitely. The international break has come at a good time for you.

Well you deserved the win 👍🏻

We're without our best defender, best midfielder and best striker(s). Man City were without Rodri for 3 games and lost all 3 of them.

It's fucking annoying like. Mo Salah dislocated his shoulder about 4 years ago, I swear he hasn't missed a game since.

7 minutes ago, Wullie said:

We're without our best defender, best midfielder and best striker(s). Man City were without Rodri for 3 games and lost all 3 of them.

It's fucking annoying like. Mo Salah dislocated his shoulder about 4 years ago, I swear he hasn't missed a game since.

It’s definitely a season of learning for all of us - even I’m a bit worn out and in need of a break - it’s been relentless

The experience of this season will be good for us in the long run 

Guest reefatoon
3 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Joelinton for me, just constantly making tired passes and losing the ball. They're all knackered, it's not even really a criticism, we know how good they all are.

Joelinton was a funny one. He runs all day in midfield, never stops and is like a machine. Hoy him upfront and he was as static as a bag of sand [emoji38]

Edited by reefatoon

18 minutes ago, Wullie said:

They put that down to more salad in his diet 

Had the game recorded and just watched it back, managed to avoid seeing the result and man, that was a tough watch.

Miley, Gordon and Pope played decently, while the rest looked understandably off it. Longstaff and Willock weren’t anywhere near their best. Longstaff has played too much, poor guy needs a rest.

What that game showed me is we can never sell Bruno, even for his ridiculous release clause, he’s the engine of our team. Thank god he’s back after the break.

That whopper who got into with Tripps needs to be sectioned. Having the season he’s having and some knacker having at go at you, I’d have given it to him as well. 👏🏻

1 hour ago, Wullie said:

Man City as good as they are actually have a pretty small squad pool. 16-17 top level players who are positionally flexible and then some high quality youngsters. If they had 11 players out the way we do they would undoubtedly be stretched.

One thing I would say though is that the way City play allows them to manage players' fitness a lot easier. Dominating the ball to such a degree is a lot less energy intensive. Yes they still press out of possession but they do it a lot less by design, and can slow games right down to give everybody a breather.

I am sure Eddie and the club are reviewing the 'intensity is our identity' thing and how sustainable it is in its current guise. We definitely need more players who can put their foot on the ball and slow a game down now and again. 

That being said - you simply can't account for some of the stuff we have picked up. The inevitable muscle injuries are being compounded by broken toes, knackered backs and gambling bans ffs. 

Edited by ponsaelius

8 hours ago, Wullie said:

Exactly this, basically lose the spine of the team and throw in a load of fatigue and you’re properly up against it. Bournemouth to their credit too full advantage of our situation and fully deserved the win.