Newcastle United 4-1 Chelsea (25/11/23) | Reaction: pg. 27 | Goal-posts: OP

Yorkie

Decent half of football. But echo what others have said about when we get a lead. We are fucking clueless.

Experienced player and our captain taking a massive risk and thinking he’s Bobby Moore. Leaving us massively exposed on the counter. 

Stick to what you’re good at Lascelles, FFS. Thought Pope should have at least dived for the cunt and all. 

3 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Pope's kicking man :lol:

Made about 5 fucking yards.

he can’t play for a decent team, I’m afraid. Howe is trying to make us have more of the ball and the goalkeeper needs to be a reliable passing option. Pope is an absolute bomb scare.

Edited by Smal

Irritating. They're nothing special but we're on the bones of our arse, have had some poor moments from a few players and missed a fucking open goal. Even then their goal wasn't a free kick from what I saw. It has all the feeling of a game that we'll go on to lose in the most annoying manner possible. Absolutely hate these cunts.

Howe needs to get in Joelinton's ear because that was a really poor first half from him, not just the insane miss either.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It's becoming a parody now. 

I have defended him all the time but it is getting too much now. I get it if you are not the best ball playing keeper, but he cant kick it at all anymore.

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Joelinton really hasn’t been at the races this season, and that wasn’t great either first half.  I’m completely unconvinced by him in midfield - looks much better LW with Willock behind.  Wouldn’t be surprised if we cash in this summer. 

Probably should.

I gotta admit the Joelinton as striker thing didn't age very well for me, but I still stand by saying that Joelinton is not the same midfielder that he was last season yet.. Has really just had a couple of great games this season. Also, as someone pointed out, his best games for us has been as LW swapping with Willock.

Edited by Erikse

Just now, The Bonk said:

That was an entertaining half of football. We should be ahead, but these are there for the taking second half.

I agree. But they have depth to bring on. We will gas and have to turn to one of our FM regens or Ritchie as options.