Paris Saint-Germain vs. Newcastle United - 28/11/23 @ 20:00 (Live on TNT Sports)

1 hour ago, Dava1892 said:

We are heading to Boulogne-Billancourt area and I’ve read the match will be on in the majority bars around there. Wonder how many will be going without tickets.

I’m also ticketless heading to that area as well. Think that’s where NUST advised we go having liaised with French authorities. 

Funny what a big win does, cos I'm feeling far more optimistic about this now than I was before the weekend. It's possible that Dortmund just had our number; it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we've got PSG's. We did batter them. 

51 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Funny what a big win does, cos I'm feeling far more optimistic about this now than I was before the weekend. It's possible that Dortmund just had our number; it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we've got PSG's. We did batter them. 

Isak for me is the difference maker, not having him for Dortmund was brutal and hurt us a lot

It's because of him I am quietly confident we can get a point, which I'd absolutely take 

It's a real shame that we have to almost choose between this game and Man U.

I mean in theory we could go for both, but asking the same 11 to play almost full 90 mins in 3 tough games in a week, especially people like Isak returning from a long lay off and someone we can't afford to breakdown again by pushing too far. 

But the problem is, who the hell can we play instead. I am genuinely in the dark about what squad Eddie can put out Tuesday and what options he has to  rotate during the game.

Advantage Man U by default unfortunately. Only silver lining is they need to win their game midweek also, but their squad is looking healthier than ours currently. 

No doubt, if we could field the same team we had Vs Chelsea as a bare minimum and the players were fresh enough, we could still win. But with this PSG game sandwiched inbetween and with no way to rotate anyone I think it's going to be a tough ask next weekend. 

9 hours ago, Decky said:

Whatever happens we need Milan to lose as well. Hopefully we come through it without any fresh injuries because Man Utd at the weekend is huge as well. 

No no no.

If we win, Milan draw is best for us.

If we draw, Milan win is best for us.

If we lose, Milan lose or draw (no difference) is best for us.

If we draw, Milan loss is also not that bad.

Means we will get Europe league with a draw against Milan, and top two if we beat Milan and PSG dont win against Dortmund.

Edited by Displayname

7 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Assuming Milan beat Dortmund, we need at least a point here. That means we can overtake Milan and one of PSG or Dortmund with a win on the final matchday.

Might even be first place if Dortmund and PSG draws and we win with 2 goals against Milan.

If we draw and Milan beat Dortmund, a win against Milan would send us through regardless of what happens in the Dortmund v PSG game (I think?) We'd have 8 points, Milan 8 (but we'd win on the head to head) PSG and Dortmund couldn't both have more than 8 and we'd beat PSG on the head-to-head if they finished on 8.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

1.Points obtained in group matches played among teams in question

2.Superior goal difference from group matches played among teams in question

3.Goals scored in group matches played among teams in question

Teams in question = Teams with equal points.

So if all end up at 8 points the overall goal difference will count, individual head to head wont count.

Win, and we'll be asking ourselves, what's stopping this team from reaching the final.

Lose, and we'll be asking the club to hold an internal investigation to work out why Ritchie and the majority of the under 14 squad wasn't registered to play.