Paris Saint-Germain vs. Newcastle United - 28/11/23 @ 20:00 (Live on TNT Sports)

1 hour ago, mondonewc said:

Is there no talk of any potential players returning from injury? What's the score with Longstaff?

Still unlikely to make tomorrow, I think Howe said?  I don't think anyone is back, bar Hall and maybe Krafth (or not), who missed Saturday through illness. 

I suppose Hall is at least one player we could bring on who might offer something going forward.  Outside of that, it's looking pretty grim. 

EDIT: Just seen below Krafth isn't registered for the CL.  

Edited by Lush Vlad

I'd take a draw - even though that means a draw from Dortmund makes it impossible for us to go above them and probably out of the CL. Other results go out way though and we still might be in with a shout.

A loss and a Milan win would be a real comedown. A dead rubber against Milan would be such a shame.

I'd actually 'take a loss' if it could guarantee Milan didn't win against Dortmund, just to ensure the last game has something riding on it - a shame that other match wasn't on at 5.45pm.

Can't really see beyond a routine 2 goal defeat, yes that's the spirit etc., and would expect Milan to win at home and that would be a real dampened to be out completely after GW5, when we were tipping the group after GW2.

20 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I'd take a draw - even though that means a draw from Dortmund makes it impossible for us to go above them and probably out of the CL. Other results go out way though and we still might be in with a shout.

A loss and a Milan win would be a real comedown. A dead rubber against Milan would be such a shame.

A draw for us is very good is either Milan or Dortmund wins. But yeah if they also draw if would be literally useless(other than a small amound of £). So we should definitely have an eye on the other game and have a real go for the win if it looks like a draw in their game.

Nvm, we still have a good chance to get ahead of PSG if we draw them.

Edited by Displayname

4 minutes ago, Displayname said:

A draw for us is very good is either Milan or Dortmund wins. But yeah if they also draw if would be literally useless(other than a small amound of £). So we should definitely have an eye on the other game and have a real go for the win if it looks like a draw in their game.

If we draw, the Milan win is the ideal scenario. If we lose we want anything but the Milan win. Will be agony if say we're hanging on at 1-1 late on and Milan are 2-0 up or something but it's probably our best and most realistic way of getting top 2.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we draw, the Milan win is the ideal scenario. If we lose we want anything but the Milan win. Will be agony if say we're hanging on at 1-1 late on and Milan are 2-0 up or something but it's probably our best and most realistic way of getting top 2.

Yes, although personally I dont mind not getting Europe League with our current injury problems. I know players will come back, but they will need time and it would also be nice for our current starters to get some rest sometimes.

2 hours ago, Displayname said:

The best outcome in terms of getting top 2 if we draw would be for Milan to beat Dortmund. That way a win against Milan will guarantee that we get top 2. If Milan doesn't beat Dortmund, we rely on PSG not beating Dortmund at home in the last game.

Edit: I see now the potensial for a 4-way tiebreaker at 8 points if Milan beat Dortmund, PSG draw the remaining, and we beat Milan. Overall goal difference will decide everything then, but we will be guaranteed top 2 in goal difference anyways unless Milan win by atleast 4 goals vs Dortmund.

Also I'm sure this has already been talked about, haven't read everything here.

Edited by Erikse

1 hour ago, Erikse said:

The best outcome in terms of getting top 2 if we draw would be for Milan to beat Dortmund. That way a win against Milan will guarantee that we get top 2. If Milan doesn't beat Dortmund, we rely on PSG not beating Dortmund at home in the last game.

Edit: I see now the potensial for a 4-way tiebreaker at 8 points if Milan beat Dortmund, PSG draw the remaining, and we beat Milan. Overall goal difference will decide everything then, but we will be guaranteed top 2 in goal difference anyways unless Milan win by atleast 4 goals vs Dortmund.

Also I'm sure this has already been talked about, haven't read everything here.

Yeah I’m cheering for a Milan win (assuming we get the draw). It would be great to have a chance to get through in the last game