Paris Saint-Germain 1-1 Newcastle United (28/11/23) | Reaction: pg. 52 | Goal-post: OP

Disco

Just now, Beren said:

Is Europa helpful to coefficient and that? Or is it a bit of a ballache for not much?

I asked this before I think in Top4ometer and it seems worth the energy expenditure. Will try and dig out the reply that could've been from @SteV

Just now, Ronaldo said:

Seriously though which lunatic watches that with the benefit of pause and slow-mo and thinks the ref made an obvious error?

Exactly my thoughts.  In real time it's never a penalty.  In extra slow motion the ref thinks "oh aye it does hit his elbow".  Fucking ridiculous.

Just now, Geordie Boyo said:

Very sorry to hear that. I couldn’t imagine being in that situation and you’re doing the right thing in keeping occupied as that’s unbelievably a lot to handle. We’re all frustrated, deflated, but we can’t imagine what you’re feeling 

Indeed it's been a long day fella.

2 minutes ago, Cronky said:

And on another grouse, where did they get 8 minutes of stoppage time from? I can only recall one incident of injury treatment. Did the subs really take 7 minutes?

This is it. The only decision more of a disgrace than the penalty was the one to add on eight minutes. Absolutely no justification for it whatsoever, even with this season's daft protocol. 

Any other season we've already won before the handball incident happens. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

This is it. The only decision more of a disgrace than the penalty was the one to add on eight minutes. Absolutely no justification for it whatsoever, even with this season's daft protocol. 

Yeah I don't see what others are seeing as far as us wasting enough time to justify 8 minutes. Absolute joke all round.

13 minutes ago, Andy said:

Yeah, really. I felt the stage got to us a bit, of course fatigue was a massive issue but if you think we weren't nervous in the second half I don't know what to tell you.

It's hardly a criticism, we were away in the parc des princes defending a slender lead, we dropped back and were hitting it "anywhere will do" for much of the last 20 minutes. A more experienced team would've tried to get their foot on the ball and slow the tempo, especially when fatigued. This is something that will come with experience in the competition, and again, it's not a criticism of the performance. 

The fact our runners were dead on their feet meant we had to drop as deep as possible.

At times it was better to launch it. A few of their main chances were from us committing an extra player or 2 forward.

If we had  a couple of first team subs available we'd probably have played it a bit differently

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

image.thumb.png.1482b084acc70043422204a1061ce298.png