Paris Saint-Germain 1-1 Newcastle United (28/11/23) | Reaction: pg. 52 | Goal-post: OP

Disco

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

Mbappe is absolutely shite as well. How overrated can you get. Knock in a hattrick against Amiens but when he plays a proper team he needs corruption to give him a goal.

That the lad who scored a hatty in the WC final? That Mbappe? Howay man. 

Just now, SEMTEX said:

Well there’s the magic of the CL down the shitter. Fuckin cunts. Absolute shit. 

It's an awful competition in a lot of ways. Never paid enough attention to it to know that stuff like this was one of the reasons.  

Ah man, such a sickener so late. Probably repeating what others have said, but yes, would have taken a point pre-match, and despite being under the cosh all 2nd half, to then have *that* penalty given against us, 6mins into the added time, is just a bit shit.

Well played to all the lads out there tonight. Unfair to single some out, but Pope, Miley and Tino stand outs for me. Yes we rode our luck at times, but we were also holding on, until the ref stepped in.

Just hope for the best on th efinal match day. Hope we can beat Milan, and see how the other results go.

6 minutes ago, jack j said:

Nerves more than fatigue? Really!? Almiron was limping from the first half still. Isak was running on empty and probably shouldn't be playing 60 mins nevermind 90. Miley is a 17 year old kid who's never played anywhere near a game as intense as this. Gordon ran his bollocks off as usual.

When we had our energy first half we more than matched them.

If we had a bench there then we could have done the same 2nd half

Yeah, really. I felt the stage got to us a bit, of course fatigue was a massive issue but if you think we weren't nervous in the second half I don't know what to tell you.

It's hardly a criticism, we were away in the parc des princes defending a slender lead, we dropped back and were hitting it "anywhere will do" for much of the last 20 minutes. A more experienced team would've tried to get their foot on the ball and slow the tempo, especially when fatigued. This is something that will come with experience in the competition, and again, it's not a criticism of the performance. 

3 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Honestly would rather go out altogether than drop to the second tier tourney and just have the same thing happen against Liverpool like

This is so loud in my mind. So fucking loud.