Paris Saint-Germain 1-1 Newcastle United (28/11/23) | Reaction: pg. 52 | Goal-post: OP

Disco

Overriding opinion on twitter is we were robbed and that was one of the worst decisions ever witnessed, even SOME Arsenal supporters agree, although they are still laughing at us. Reading all the Arsenal posts has actually cheered me up, I think it's hilarious they're still seething so bad 24 days later. 

Difference is once the dust has settled we'll move on and be ready for the next game, not spending the next 3 weeks trawling PSG twitter to cry about it.

Great performance by some tired legs tonight, lack of a bench made it necessary to sit deep and defend like lions and we didn't disappoint. Miley and Livramento were absolutely class, showing composure we'll ahead of their years, Bruno is well and truly back with another outstanding performance and Pope was impenetrable, he was so close to that penalty too (imagine the scenes). Everyone to a man can hold their heads high after that, let take that frustration and use it positively against Man Utd.

17 minutes ago, Chapo said:

Honorable mention to their fans, unreal atmosphere. 

Really? Thought it was crap. Loud maybe, but 90 minutes of a loudhailer leading Yellow Submarine doesn't do it for me.

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye for all the ‘plastic club’ stick the fans are real and created a magnificent atmosphere. 

Dare I say - much better than what you get at SJP when the team is faltering. 

Completley different football culture - a trade off to become family friendly and the richest league in the world was leaving all that stuff behind.

They've a lot of glory hunters mind. Seldom filled their ground pre-takeover, even for cup finals on home turf, couldn't even half fill it often.

There was a bit in I think the second half where they had a guy saying something into a megaphone and the whole crowd chanting it back. It came across loud as fuck on TV, genuinely sounded like an army on the march. Fair play it was intimidating

2 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

There was a bit in I think the second half where they had a guy saying something into a megaphone and the whole crowd chanting it back. It came across loud as fuck on TV, genuinely sounded like an army on the march. Fair play it was intimidating

Yep. First time I watched a PSG game as far back as 1995 at Barcelona they had the same thing.

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

I find the crowd noise in European games very detached from the actual game, especially the god awful drums. It actually sound like they are using the PA system at one point.

3 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Just loud doesn't work for me. It has to be emotive and follow the game. Germans do this, an organised atmosphere but the atmosphere following the pattern of the game seems to have more effect.

4 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Pleased it didn't intimidate Eddie's unintimidated mags. 

17 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Overriding opinion on twitter is we were robbed and that was one of the worst decisions ever witnessed, even SOME Arsenal supporters agree, although they are still laughing at us.

Can't blame any fans of other teams for laughing at us :lol: I would if it was f.ex Man Utd in our shoes tonight.

Reassuring that other fans generally see past rivalry and agree it was a bs decision though.

2 hours ago, Holloway said:

Watch it back, they had better chances than long shots

This for sure, they missed point blank sitters all over the shop. Guys did real well today and were totally knackered at the end.

Eddie should be proud. Now just beat Milan the deceitful assholes.

1 hour ago, BergenMagpie said:

Never been this proud from any of our displays during my time (late 2008) as a supporter. 

Obviously sad that we didnt get the win, but Id actually been more gutted if the goal came through a clusterfuck bundle of 50-50s like the Füllkrug goal we conceded against Dortmund. The entire sports world are on our side (besides the mackems + the tard quota of the Arsenal fanbase). 

Also, our injury crisis. Lascelles showing off. Fielding a 17 year old midfielder with like 200 minutes of top-tier football in his legs away to PSG. Feels like some tacky American sports drama like Friday Night Lights that you wouldnt believe. 

I was with you until you said Friday Night Lights was tacky. 

Clear eyes, full hearts...

There's truly something really special happening at our club right now. Another week and it's another performance to be proud of from Eddie and everyone involved. I'm 37 and have never before felt remotely close to the level of positivity and hope for what we can achieve in the future as I feel right now. 

I'm absolutely certain that our time is going to come, and I don't think we could have a better bunch to make it happen. 

Bring on Man U, Bring on Milan, Bring on Chelsea, we can beat them all. 

We go again!!!

1 hour ago, Chapo said:

Honorable mention to their fans, unreal atmosphere. 

yea especially the ones who attacked the NUFC fans yesterday .....

how can you respect their fans? they didn't welcome us and give a nice atmosphere like we did to the teams that came here.

Dortmund fans are miles better than PSG hooligans

Edited by Arknor

It’s the performances and (injustice) of tonight that actually builds the resolve amongst the team. A real turning point in a long run, who knows what happens on the next match day, what is truly special about Howe and our players is that I fucking can’t wait to see those lads put it all out there again Saturday under the lights at home.