Paris Saint-Germain 1-1 Newcastle United (28/11/23) | Reaction: pg. 52 | Goal-post: OP

Disco

1 minute ago, Billy Warthog said:

HT, thank fuck. 

Brilliant from the lads, very proud of them all. 

If Howe could figure out a way of getting Gordon running at them more, I think they'll shit themselves. But they have the ability to hurt us, so no complacency please. 

Bruno, Tino & Miggy putting in some especially blinding shifts at the mo. 

I'm probably overthinking it but it feels like a strategy to me. Tino seems to have been given the freedom of Paris while AG has ended up further back than him on defence more than once. May be a bit of a disorientation tactic and it sure as fuck worked. Let Tino go a bit berserk while AG is there to pick up the pieces.

1 minute ago, alexf said:

boys looked knackered there. Dunno how long they ate gonna be able to keep this up. Isak looks shattered after bout 15mins. 

Great from the lads though, so proud. 

If we can just avoid letting them get running at us and keep the ball alittle better to relief the pressure. 

Probably standard meal time tbh... 🤣

Good half. Sitting back a bit but hopefully pacing ourselves. Hope we can retain the ball a bit more 2nd half to keep some of the pressure off.

Also, if we could just score another 3 or 4 then we could flex on them by bringing Dummett on.

Whatever happens in the second half I think we've more than done ourselves justice in this group. See this out and it'll be one of the best results in the club's history given all of the context behind it. 

I fucking love football :aww:

1 minute ago, wormy said:

I'm probably overthinking it but it feels like a strategy to me. Tino seems to have been given the freedom of Paris while AG has ended up further back than him on defence more than once. May be a bit of a disorientation tactic and it sure as fuck worked. Let Tino go a bit berserk while AG is there to pick up the pieces.

Aye, you might have something there. I've given up second-guessing Howe though, he's usually a step ahead! 

1 minute ago, midds said:

Whatever happens in the second half I think we've more than done ourselves justice in this group. See this out and it'll be one of the best results in the club's history given all of the context behind it. 

Group of death. Still unknown who for!

Don't know if we'll get through this with a win, but that's one of the best first halves I've seen from a Newcastle team in a long time considering the level of opposition. Not just our defending, but our football when we get the ball has been next level. One more goal and we win this.

1 minute ago, midds said:

We're 135 minutes from getting through and 90 of those are at home. It's incredible really and I will blame it entirely on the state of the squad if we finish 3rd or 4th.