FA Cup Third Round: sunderland (A) 06/01/24 @ 12:45 - Live on ITV

3 hours ago, Sima said:

Hasn’t his family got business interests in Saudi Arabia?  Can’t see SA being too keen on being embarrassed by something he funded in front of a global audience.

Now that their owner has helped fund their display, if its anti Saudi, it'll definitely get pulled on "safety reasons" a day or two before the game. I can't see him letting an anti Saudi flag make an appearance when he has business interests with Saudi company's. Hardly looks good does it. Then it'll be so hilarious watching the fume all over again.

We’ve near a month to get more bodies back, we’ll be rotating more this month getting the tired players back to decent fitness, and we’re playing fucking Sunderland like. They’re not Spurs away, which we still haven’t lost yet by the way. 

On RTG their ITKs are now adamant that we have been given 7k tickets and have got the whole North Stand, both upper & lower tier.

Given how bad our away form is this season, this game is no longer a shoe-in. Anything but, in fact.

It shouldn't be the case but lose this and I could see a section of the fanbase losing faith in Eddie. Not wanting him out per se, but just jumping on any setback going forward with a wild over-reaction.

Times might have changed but, like it or not, this is still our biggest game of the season. We can't lose this match, not when we have such an obvious upper hand on the field...and definitely not when they've basically given us their entire home end.

We've lost to Cambridge (at Home....) and League 1  at the time, and currently bottom of the Championship, Sheffield Wednesday in our last two FA Cup campaigns. With our first choice side pretty much as well.

We're also absolutely shite away from home. This time we're playing a side I'm the top 6 of the Championship away. Even ignoring it's Sunderland I wouldn't be confident, but with it being them the atmosphere will be ramped right up and they'll want to beat us far more than them two.

No way is this an easy gimme, it's got banana skin written all over it.

Edited by NUFCDoog

The RTG lot will be pissing themselves looking at the nerves on here like. :lol: We've been laughing our heads off at these clowns for years now man, and we're a million times better than them even in our current state. We're going to fucking smash them, stop with these doubts lads. 

1 minute ago, Decky said:

The RTG lot will be pissing themselves looking at the nerves on here like. :lol: We've been laughing our heads off at these clowns for years now man, and we're a million times better than them even in our current state. We're going to fucking smash them, stop with these doubts lads. 

I'm getting less confident by the game tbf 😂

9 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

No ones doubting we're better than them man. We were better than Cambridge and Sheffield Wednesday. We're better than Bournemouth and Everton as well. Still lost to all of them.

Aye can happen and we're on a bad run currently. Hopefully pick up some wins before then and go into this with confidence. 

10 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

No ones doubting we're better than them man. We were better than Cambridge and Sheffield Wednesday. We're better than Bournemouth and Everton as well. Still lost to all of them.

Only one that overly concerns me there is Sheffield Wednesday. Cambridge wasn't long into Howe's time here and we'd only just bought Trippier. We'd still only won one game under Howe at that point so it was still very much a team laggin from the Bruce/Ashley era. Bournemouth and Everton are stinkers, but they were in the middle of the worst injury crisis we've had at the club in living memory for me, plus there are no easy away games in the Premier League and both of those teams are doing quite well actually. Everton would be 3 points behind us without the points deduction and Bournemouth have looked really good since they beat us as well, unbeaten with 3 more wins. 

Maybe Sheffield Wednesday was a shit performance and the team didn't show up, it happens. But it won't happen for this, not a local derby. We've too many in the team who know exactly what this game means. Players like Gordon, Wilson, Trippier, Lascelles, Bruno, Joelinton etc will all be right up for this. We're genuinely going to absolutely smash them to pieces I reckon. They'll never cope with the way we play, we're guaranteed a few goals in this. 

Edited by Decky

34 minutes ago, SteV said:

RTG think the ticket allocation gets announced today.

If they do end up giving us an entire stand it could be one of the great days on there….

They're absolutely bricking it in regards to our rumoured allocation. Daft cunts are so thick they still don't realise the difference between a league game and a cup game allocation, and the fact that season ticket holders are not guaranteed their own seats for cup games. If we did get the entire stand, the meltdown will even surpass our takeover [emoji38]

40 minutes ago, SteV said:

RTG think the ticket allocation gets announced today.

If they do end up giving us an entire stand it could be one of the great days on there….

Can't see it being more than 5,000 like but would be hilarious if we got 7k :lol:

21 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

They're absolutely bricking it in regards to our rumoured allocation. Daft cunts are so thick they still don't realise the difference between a league game and a cup game allocation, and the fact that season ticket holders are not guaranteed their own seats for cup games. If we did get the entire stand, the meltdown will even surpass our takeover [emoji38]

If it gets compared to the allocation Leeds got for tomorrow one more time…

Edited by SteV

14 hours ago, Wandy said:

On RTG their ITKs are now adamant that we have been given 7k tickets and have got the whole North Stand, both upper & lower tier.

Given how bad our away form is this season, this game is no longer a shoe-in. Anything but, in fact.

It shouldn't be the case but lose this and I could see a section of the fanbase losing faith in Eddie. Not wanting him out per se, but just jumping on any setback going forward with a wild over-reaction.

Times might have changed but, like it or not, this is still our biggest game of the season. We can't lose this match, not when we have such an obvious upper hand on the field...and definitely not when they've basically given us their entire home end.

Keep up