FA Cup Third Round: sunderland (A) 06/01/24 @ 12:45 - Live on ITV

1 minute ago, NE27 said:

Hasn't been much solace of recent either tbf[emoji38]

I'm on the fence for this one, derbies really do bring out the worst sometimes. 

They're not Liverpool and won't be exposing us with one pass,  but equally they're not chumps and do carry threat whenever I've watched them.

Early goal(s) and ride it out singing about decorating their stadium for us would be ideal [emoji38]

An early goal or two could see their fans go toxic against their own club on the back of the monochromisation of Wearside.

1 minute ago, madras said:

monochromisation of Wearside

:lol::lol::lol:

Tbf if you've ever spent anytime in Sunderland you can literally feel your soul leaving your body, like living in a post war black & white film.

Just grim all the time.

2 minutes ago, madras said:

The nightmare is the commentary "and now Bruno's gone down for Newcastle" (see Hereford and Exeter).

I mean it’s sort of funny they’d compare this to a Exeter and Hereford level shock and the mackems would lap it up, totally forgetting that they see themselves as our equals if not better every other day of the year.

Just now, Whitley mag said:

I mean it’s sort of funny they’d compare this to a Exeter and Hereford level shock and the mackems would lap it up, totally forgetting that they see themselves as our equals if not better every other day of the year.

There's been a definite turn from them since the draw, before hand they could take us and 4 or 5 of theirs would get in our team, now it's an actuality "it's a free hit as we are massive underdogs and I expect us to get beat".

35 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

Shameful, Whoever let this happen should and hopefully, will be, sacked.

We are an absolute shambles commercially off the field.

Buck has to stop with KLD, surely? The redecoration was being rumoured when the ticket allocation was first announced. I assumed it was just your fans being hysterical but evidently no, the people who run your club are thick as fuck.

7 minutes ago, christ said:

Buck has to stop with KLD, surely? The redecoration was being rumoured when the ticket allocation was first announced. I assumed it was just your fans being hysterical but evidently no, the people who run your club are thick as fuck.

Can't disagree.

BBC Sports Live Page is doing a segment of some of the best gaff's and mistakes made by football clubs as a result of this one, and I forgot about the glory of this bad boy. :lol: 

b2665711-e1d9-40f4-bf2f-c1eaba5e2072.jpg

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We’ve been knocked out by worse teams than these. 

I think the fact it’s a derby means we’ll get through though, because we’ll play our best team. I would be more worried if I was expecting the real reserves. 

I get your point but we're basically picking from a pool of about 13 fit players.

23 minutes ago, ScottishMagpie said:

Do you really need to know what time it is?  

I need to know how bad my sleep is (think I have sleep apnea) and need a new fitness monitor. Also be nice to know what my heart is doing, since in the summer it decided several times to mimic a heart attack.. 😂

Prefer the falcon though. 

29 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I get your point but we're basically picking from a pool of about 13 fit players.

Nah.  Could still make plenty of changes.  If it were another lower league team, I think we would see the likes of Krafth, Dummett, Lascelles and Hall all start.  Possibly even Karius.

Obviously not going to happen against these and nor should it.   

And so the day of reckoning approaches. 6000 brave soldiers prepare to march into a land of perpetual gloom, where the grey North Sea strikes fear into the locals.  Where a cruel car manufacturing plant holds a workforce hostage with a torturous back-shift. 

And into a desolate, pink-hued stadium, once the site of an old midden, whose ghost still remains as a plethora of empty crisp packets swirl among an often scarce crowd, decimating every vowel in the English language while they chant their support for racism and sexual predators. 

Be brave, you black and white warriors, show courage and support. We pray that good can overcome evil and we return from the dark place victorious. 

7 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

The message I really want the players to have is that, if they play their game and concentrate, their talent will win out.

This is the bit I'm worried about.  Hopefully they'll have that believe and not get dragged in to their playground tactics.

Bruno needs to keep his head. He's going to get kicked and ref give nothing. He needs to not retaliate and if anything, play act every foul to death and get them all booked.

It's more Big Joe I'm worried about than Bruno, I'm amazed he's never been sent off for us yet, Bruno has a mean streak in him but Joe seems a lot more likely to do something stupid.

Just hope we score early, that will shut them up and get us with our tails up, if we score early we'll be fine, longer it goes at nil nil, and heaven forbid they go 1 up, it gets a lot harder.

Ahh fucking hell, get it over with man

One thing that is 100% certain is that NP will be praying that it isn't a draw!

6000 red and whiters making a bubble journey to SJP on a Tuesday or Wednesday night would be absolute bedlam! They'd probably need to arrive at their place from about 3pm and it'll clash with people finishing work!