FA Cup Third Round: sunderland (A) 06/01/24 @ 12:45 - Live on ITV

6 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

Excellent options, both. Which of these goes over better with the wife when the kids wake up and I'm already drunk? [emoji38]

Keep the kids up late. Stay up and watch the game with a light snooze around midnight. Get some more sleep after the game and all wake up around 11. :lol:

Edited by Heron

1 hour ago, Decky said:

No way Burn gets dropped for the derby.

No need to drop him either unless they've got the next Mo Salah raiding down that side.

5 minutes ago, Heron said:

Keep the kids up late. Stay up and watch the game with a light snooze around midnight. Get some more sleep after the game and all wake up around 11. :lol:

That is a fucking solid plan, but I have a feeling the 0 year old would bottle it.

Struggling to think of a game I’ve wanted to win more in the last few years. Tomorrow should be the day the Ashley years are put to rest and we remind these cunts that we’ll always be their masters.

6 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

That is a fucking solid plan, but I have a feeling the 0 year old would bottle it.

100%, kids, at least those under 1 absolutely screw you over if you try to play God with their sleep. You try and get them extra tired and they only end up being over tired and have a shocker of a night’s sleep, wake up really early instead of sleeping in. Then they end up having a huge nap and then their bedtime is fucked 

6 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Struggling to think of a game I’ve wanted to win more in the last few years. Tomorrow should be the day the Ashley years are put to rest and we remind these cunts that we’ll always be their masters.

Cup final last year surely.

It wouldn't be this way but I imagined dinining out on a major trophy forever especially regarding them and not let things like bad days or derbys bother me.

2 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Cup final last year surely.

It wouldn't be this way but I imagined dinining out on a major trophy forever especially regarding them and not let things like bad days or derbys bother me.

We need to bury a few ghosts of the last few years tomorrow in my opinion, at this point and our current run of form I think tomorrow is massive for everyone connected with club, defeat is unthinkable and will be hard to recover from this season.

6 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

“Newcastal Qaeda” [emoji38]

One of Al-Qaeda's primary objectives is the destruction of the ruling order in Saudi Arabia and the overthrow of the Royal Family. but never mind ey. 

Remember, off the back of our poor run in form, this was only a couple of months back! Similar starting lineup to what will start tomorrow. 

No motivation needed rewatching this, let’s fucking smash them!

1 hour ago, Miercoles said:

I mean, I don't have to work. But you're never that far off work when you have a wife and small children, mine are 3 years and 0 years.

Fuck it, go for it. I do for Steelers late games. (I earn loads of brownie points first like)

3 hours ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Hard to call. 2-1 either way.

Nah. It is too important for us season wise. And by that I mean turn around in form and staying in FA Cup more than local rivalries.  Home advantage will not be what it should be given the number of fans we are taking and the fact their players will be far less used to playing in such a raucous atmosphere/are more likely to be negatively affected than ours. Can’t see us doing a Sheffield Utd or first 20 minutes of Spurs at home, but also can’t see us losing. 

8 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Can’t see us doing a Sheffield Utd or first 20 minutes of Spurs at home, but also can’t see us losing. 

It’s in the bag for sure. 

If we do lose though I won’t be at all surprised. 

Won't be watching this from Italy.

Could probably VPN it but feel it's better emotionally to try and distract myself, it's the first time I've ever been with my fiancé on her birthday. Determined not to ruin it for her.

2 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

It’s in the bag for sure. 

If we do lose though I won’t be at all surprised. 

We won’t lose this. Too much class and big game experience, from this season alone for us. They won’t handle the pressure. It’ll be tight but we will have too much for them. 
Schar to get the winner with a bullet from the Black cats bar.