Everton vs. Newcastle United: 7/12/23 @ 19:30 (Amazon Prime)

HaydnNUFC

No need to be nervous for this, won’t even need to be in 2nd gear to win. Just defend like we normally do and nick a couple of goals. Think they’re missing DCL and Onana as well. 

Edited by Joelinton7

22 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

No need to be nervous for this, won’t even need to be in 2nd gear to win. Just defend like we normally do and nick a couple of goals. Think they’re missing DCL and Onana as well. 

Isn't DCL likely to make it?

23 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

I've read they'll both be fit. Very tough game if they are

24 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Not sure about that at all like this will be a hard game and they'll be well up for it. We need to be a lot more clinical than we were against Man United.

6 minutes ago, IAmATree said:

Dyche must be mad persisting with Young. If he plays we'll surely target him 

isn’t Coleman back? Surely that’s Dyche preferred right back? Young has been shit for years. 

Everton at home are poor. Nothing to worry about 

3 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

My manager's an Evertonian and said it's basically been so toxic at home for so long that the players are generally better and look more relaxed away. Man United at home was apparently a lot better than previously though (probably galvanised by the points deduction) and it was just a case of them not being able to finish their chances. I watched it like and I don't think they were good, but they definitely missed some sitters. 

They were good in the first half or Man Utd were bad. Probably a bit of both. That game minus the wondergoal reminded me of our game at Goodison last season. They really should have scored in the first 20-30 minutes, but once we had a lead we were able to bury them.

I suspect this game will be very similar. We'll need to be on it from the start or may find ourselves behind (if they can actually finish a chance).

It’s probably because I’ve followed us for so long that I could rarely ever say any fixture is a straight forward win for us away from home in the top division.

Taking comfort in everyone’s confidence 😆

I think we'll probably win but will be difficult without any options on the bench again and if needing to go for it towards the end. 

expect it to be much closer than last season's result here.

also hoping the crowd doesn't  affect Gordon too much as that could be a big factor. 

did Ferguson ever leave Rooney out at Goodison? thought I read that somewhere.

2 hours ago, Joelinton7 said:

You must be new here.