Everton 3-0 Newcastle United (07/12/23)

Mike

Poor first half from the front line. Can't blame Isak so much, they know he is the danger man and marking him very closely, that's why we need more from Almiron and Gordon, both have shown a distinct lack of aggression and hunger for this one.

2 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Call me cynical but Pickford looks like he goes for Gordon there whilst clearing that ball.

He absolutely got him like, it’s a penalty, but you’re never getting that against England’s number 1. The amount of shit he gets away with man, sickening.

Everton are playing Dyche-ball, so I’m alright with 0-0 at half time.  We’re on the bones of our arse and have been shite away from home this season, so I don’t have any major issues with our performance.  Hopefully we’ll come into it more as Everton’s piss and wind performance tires them

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

What's the reasoning for Almiron and Gordon swapping wings? Trying to create more width?

Not sure why wechanged them so early and stuck with it, especially after Miggy had a chance on the right

Miggy making a complete mess of that chance will be one reason

Just now, El Prontonise said:

I usually think this of people on here but the refs been shite.

I don't think he's done anything glaringly wrong, he's just too happy to blow his whistle.

A great feature against Man U was Isak dropping deep to help us in build up but we’ve had none of that today so far. We seem to deliberately be keeping him on the last line for some reason.