Everton 3-0 Newcastle United (07/12/23)

Mike

I'm scratching my head because all common sense pointed to rotating for this one (say Hall and Dummett for Trippier and one of the wingers). We were never going to be able to play the same XI all three games and if we do, the fatigue only accumulates. If you have to risk a loss, surely you go a bit weaker at Everton allowing yourself a chance against Spurs and Milan where recovery time is also shorter.

Even if we were just gambling on going for the easier points and maintaining momentum, we'd still be giving ourselves a big problem for the two bigger games. We've now put ourselves in a weak position and have two awful options: play the same XI for both Spurs and Milan and watch them struggle to finish the game and get outworked, or rotate and go weaker for the 6-pointer on Sunday and have a go in the final game.

Do we know what's happening with Hall? He doesn't seem trusted even for a few minutes even with 13+ players out. Started 1 game this season I think and can't get off the bench when the team are exhausted. Something doesn't seem right.

I think as a fan base we can be a tad emotionally reactive to poor performances, myself included in that. We'll have more games like that and we'll have lots more games like the Arsenal/Chelsea/Man Utd ones. It's not worth dwelling on, I know the team won't be, learn from it, be better next time. It'll all be forgotten when we beat Spurs anyway. 

Yes tiredness takes its toll mentally and physically, no that's not linear and doesn't mean this is us until we get players back, we could win all 4 this calendar year, we could lose to Luton or Forest on the back of another lacklustre display. I'll worry when we start dropping down the table, for now we're doing fine. 

Forced myself to stay off here last night and today, seen some canny mental takes and was already canny bummed about the likely result.

Already moved onto thinking about spurs and Milan and how we field a team capable of getting something from either one.

Onward and upward, HTL

7 hours ago, NE27 said:

Forced myself to stay off here last night and today, seen some canny mental takes and was already canny bummed about the likely result.

Already moved onto thinking about spurs and Milan and how we field a team capable of getting something from either one.

Onward and upward, HTL

I don’t really bother with much chat when we lose, I don’t feel the need. We’re doing our best and going in the right direction, losing to Everton makes no difference to anything. I know this is a trite and irrelevant post, but anyway. 

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

:anguish:

Was only a matter of time before we got this type of staged horseshit creeping in.

Does he have enough followers for Tony bellew to challenge him to a fight in a pub car park and broadcast it on rumble? 

In the modern  and relentless programme of games could have a significant impact on a severely depleted squad camp. Felt more troubled last half hour of PSG than getting worked up over these tramps

10 hours ago, The Prophet said:

:anguish:

Was only a matter of time before we got this type of staged horseshit creeping in.

Ban that pube headed cunt from the internet. Embarrassing, fake, forced bullshit. 

Pretending to be angry about football on TikTok for likes. I despair at morons like this. 

The anger management lot at Arsenal TV have a lot to answer for. They’ve enabled all of this shite. 

On 07/12/2023 at 23:01, Lush Vlad said:

Do other forums have so many posters spouting shite, reactionary, OTT nonsense after defeats and performances that can be easily explained. Or is it exclusive to this place? 

I think, by and large, this is a balanced and reasonable place. Bar the occasional petty dispute and overly emotional reaction to defeats. But then, I know fuck all about other forums and always think Geordies do it better 🤷‍♂️

What are the thoughts on Hall's loan with obligation to buy having some qualifying metrics - for example, a games-played requirement? I think the decision not to play him makes a lot more sense if Eddie's decided he doesn't fit with the squad long term, and is avoiding needing to buy Hall in the summer and cutting into our already limited transfer budget?

42 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

Mate I have to register to see it

My apologies, you have to register to post on there but I did not know that anyone had to register to 'view' on there.

Anyway, here is that STATS post . . . 

Everton v Newcastle 3-0 - STATS.png

1 hour ago, La Parka said:

We deserved to lose. 

We were completely off the pace. Fair play to gravel throat, he noticed our vulnerability to our own pressing game. 

The vulnerability being we can't press as much due to fatigue and nursing players through games due to the injury list.

20 hours ago, Upthemags said:

What are the thoughts on Hall's loan with obligation to buy having some qualifying metrics - for example, a games-played requirement? I think the decision not to play him makes a lot more sense if Eddie's decided he doesn't fit with the squad long term, and is avoiding needing to buy Hall in the summer and cutting into our already limited transfer budget?

Go to the Hall thread.