Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle United: 10/12/23 @ 16:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Feels like a physical impossibility to compete here but then again Spurs are probably the closest comparable team to us in terms of injuries + suffering from side effects of intense playing style.

45 minutes ago, thomas said:

IMO Every team in the league should have the option of offering a pre-match draw once per season for rest’s sake. Obv up to the other team to accept. Might fuck with tv deals and fan travel but otherwise it’s all upside. 

haha I feel like def both sides would love to just say “alright draw here. Shake hands. Let’s get our boys some rest ffs.”

starting to miss that winter World Cup like. 

I doubt Spurs fans would take a draw at home. Our injuries are worse, we've played far more and harder games, have rotated far less, have a much weaker bench and have got Milan on Wednesday.

Their injuries are bad but if it was the other way around we'd be well up for it. 

Everton, for me, was the toughest test on paper for the games left in 2023, I think we have a great chance at a win and would settle for a draw. As others have previously said, their style of play will suit us more, they won't sit deep and they'll try and keep a high line and play the ball across the grass. Gordon, Almiron and Isak will have space to run into. We just have to take our chances.

57 minutes ago, thomas said:

IMO Every team in the league should have the option of offering a pre-match draw once per season for rest’s sake. Obv up to the other team to accept. Might fuck with tv deals and fan travel but otherwise it’s all upside. 

Sadly a situation would crop up that meant the two teams could use this tactically to impact another team.

5 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Sadly a situation would crop up that meant the two teams could use this tactically to impact another team.

I think it would add new levels of off-pitch drama, intrigue and a new kind of strategy to a sport that has languished under ancient rules in the modern era. Immensely marketable drama, it hardly need be said. 

Probably one of my top 3 ideas all time.

7 minutes ago, Kanji said:

God I can’t wait to see Barnes play 

Think he was a massive signing for what Howe wanted this season, Gordon and Almiron work had but just aren't as clinical as Barnes he will add goals and take the load off Isak and Wilson.

3 hours ago, buzz said:

Feels like a physical impossibility to compete here but then again Spurs are probably the closest comparable team to us in terms of injuries + suffering from side effects of intense playing style.

A physical impossibility to compete? 😂 come on man. God sake.

18 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

Howe will be ruthless with players coming back I think like, people be straight back in regardless of others performances if he thinks it's best.

He won’t throw anyone who’s been out long term straight back in.