Tottenham Hotspur 4-1 Newcastle United (10/12/23)

Yorkie

Just now, BullyDogs said:

I'm sick to death of the fatigue excuse of we were fatigued we'd look it at home games too. Fact is we are absolutely shit away from home. We are so one dimensional that we simply cannot play any other way

Anyone thinking we will be playing in Europe next season is deluded we look a mid table team in away games

I agree we just havent been good enough, not clinical again we had two good chances and wasted them. Dont get away with that away from home. Man United home we were brilliant but i was concerned by our lack of goals and poor finishing. Won't be the end of the world if we don't qualify this year tbh, need to build our squad up a bit more

We are poor away from home away from the fatigue excuse, it needs to be addressed, it will be I am sure. We are poor right now, most our squad isn't fit most teams would struggle. Europe will be tough this season, it will always be tough, we overachieved last season. I am not going to get too upset over a little bad run. Anyone who is going to lose their shit because we can't replicate last season's miraculous 4th place with half the squad has lost the run of themselves. 

1 minute ago, BullyDogs said:

This is why I believe Howe will be gone within 24 months. He can only play one way and when it doesn't work he has no way to change it because he doesn't know how to and we don't have the personnel to do it

It's so fucking frustrating 

Harsh really they signings he made to address these issues mainly Tonali and Barnes haven't been able to play this season. Massive blow. 

Just now, astraguy said:

happy to be corrected here but has isak ever had a good game without Wilson? i always fuckng hate it when he is the only "forward" upfront 

Liverpool away

Wolves at home

Forest away

Spurs at home

Villa at home

Chelsea at home

Just now, WideopenMag said:

Harsh really they signings he made to address these issues mainly Tonali and Barnes haven't been able to play this season. Massive blow. 

Then Hall barely plays and Livramento only got minutes due to injuries.

7 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Few people have already said it but when we’re not pressing we look incredibly average. We desperately need  a plan b in terms of playing style for when we’re knackered like today. 

Need technical players for that kind of gameplan such as Maddison, Silva, Foden other than Bruno we don’t have that type. We’ve got a lot of “ hustle and bustle” type players but low on quality.

Edited by SAK

Howe's inexperience at this level has been shown up somewhat. We've been found out by the refusal to rotate earlier in the season. This month when decimated by injuries we've not been able to . The way we play ( which i love) is a high intensity pressing game and you simply cannot do that week in week out with this volume of matches and not see drop offs in performance.

That being said we've had moments against both Everton and tonight at Spurs which in a different day could have gone our way and changed the course of the games.

Not quite onboard with the criticism of Joelinton, I'm seeing a fella desperately trying to make things happen but both he and the rest of the team is fucked and experiencing a bit of a drop in confidence. Miggy has been awful mind and even Livramento cant get a read on the Spurs attack . 

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Our away form is pretty much relegation form - having the three worst promoted teams in yonks is what is keeping us out of the bottom three of the form table.  We don’t even look mid-table away.  Our away performances in Europe were equally poor - pisspoor finishing by Milan and PSG had more to do with taking two points 

Absolutely agree but people can't see the wood for the trees at times and are so adverse to critique for the players or Howes setup

1 minute ago, BullyDogs said:

This is why I believe Howe will be gone within 24 months. He can only play one way and when it doesn't work he has no way to change it because he doesn't know how to and we don't have the personnel to do it

It's so fucking frustrating 

Absolute bollocks. He has already shown from when he first joined to now. He can play different styles and get results. We were not some high energy, high pressing team early on. 

The fact we can’t even rotate at all and have so many first team players missing is what is stopping us from competing. Not because Howe is a one dimensional manager. 

We’re not there physically or mentally. A 5% drop will do you and they don’t have the crowd to get them up. 

It’s fine margins and there can be no surprises with recent away results. It’s not the time to question the manager or the players on the pitch. Let’s get the injured players back and see where we get to. Away from home opposition sides know how to hurt us just now; our counter attacks are way off where they need to be and that’s just one of the issues.

6 minutes ago, BullyDogs said:

I'm sick to death of the fatigue excuse if we were fatigued we'd look it at home games too. Fact is we are absolutely shit away from home. We are so one dimensional that we simply cannot play any other way

Anyone thinking we will be playing in Europe next season is deluded we look a mid table team in away games

Go through stats in practically every team sport. Teams do better at home.