Newcastle United vs AC Milan - 13/12/23 @ 20:00 (TNT Sports)

Paully

4 minutes ago, Bintang said:

I wouldn't be gutted if we did end up in the Europa. Fully fit squad and some more players in January and that is one we have a good shout at winning. 

Wouldn't hold your breath on that one like :lol: We've got 7 games in the next 24 days, gonna be a bloodbath.

It's funny how I'm less nervous than I should be for this. I'm somewhat confident of a result, even though we've been shit the last couple of games, and even though the reason we've been shit (fatigue) will be even stronger today. I hear things about how Milan is in disarray as well, and I dunno we are just savages at St James' so I don't fear any team coming to town whether we have a team or not.

58 minutes ago, Bintang said:

Am I right in thinking if we end up in the Europa League it will be another group round rather than a knock out?

Knockout stages, but we would have to play a round with the 2nd placed teams, whilst the 1st placed teams get a bye into the next round.

I said at the start of this adventure it was a no lose situation providingvwe didn't lose all 6 and take a hiding each time. We haven't, I'm happy to still be in with a shout in the last game (gutted that a draw should have been enough). The point coming in was learn, earn and raise the profile. We've done that. There is no bad situation to come from it, we're either still in Europe or we have much needed rests for another euro league placing push.

On the bus now on the way into town, traffics building up.

Howay the lads.

Edited by madras

I’m very confident and I don’t know why. Maybe it’s because I just can’t see Dortmund losing when they know that they need to avoid defeat to keep top spot.

An early goal for us and Dortmund tonight will do me just fine 

7 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I’m very confident and I don’t know why. Maybe it’s because I just can’t see Dortmund losing when they know that they need to avoid defeat to keep top spot.

An early goal for us and Dortmund tonight will do me just fine 

I am also. I feel like it is a no lose situation. If we win and Dortmund do us a favour we are in the knockout stages of the Champions League. We win and end up in the Europa I'd have snapped your hands off for that a couple of years ago. Worst case we end up bottom but have had some champions league experience against 3 of Europe's elite  (and more than held our own), and less fixtures in the new year. 

Not sure what to make of it tonight tbh, it depends on which Newcastle turn up. At our best we can win against anybody including Milan, but if we are still playing with players who are shot mentally and physically, it's not going to happen.

That said, this is at home, and if there's qualification to the next round at stake, I could see our lads making a herculean effort and getting it done.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Not sure what to make of it tonight tbh, it depends on which Newcastle turn up. At our best we can win against anybody including Milan, but if we are still playing with players who are shot mentally and physically, it's not going to happen.

That said, this is at home, and if there's qualification to the next round at stake, I could see our lads making a herculean effort and getting it done.

As ever the crowd will be massive tonight to help give them some needed energy :indi:

13 minutes ago, TRon said:

Need some of our big players to step up tonight to go through, Bruno, Isak/Wilson and Trippier going to be key here. Can't waste chances against these that we have recently even going back to the Man United game where we played brilliantly, just aren't taking enough of our chances. 

8 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Is this the word of God channelled through you? Because I could do with lumping on and winning some money. 

No mate, it's just a gut feeling but sling a quid on both game scores, you never know. :)

8 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

Need some of our big players to step up tonight to go through, Bruno, Isak/Wilson and Trippier going to be key here. Can't waste chances against these that we have recently even going back to the Man United game where we played brilliantly, just aren't taking enough of our chances. 

Well you can't rely on Almiron or Joelinton to finish regardless of how good they are in other areas of the pitch, so yes, we need goals from Isak or Wilson above all else.