Luton Town 1-0 Newcastle United (23/12/23)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Upthemags said:

Not going to questions Eddie's reasoning, but Miley is one of our few creative outlets, especially with Gordon knackered. Maybe a bit disciplinary on Eddie's end for the ball watching mistake

It seems like he was hauled off because he let his man go on the set piece. Not sure I agree with it because he looked like one of the few players who wasn't getting rushed out of his stride. Longstaff looked far less confident, I would have took him off.

Just now, Ronaldo said:

What in the fuck was that? [emoji38]

We look a different side with Isak on, thankfully. Just playing with no intensity or ability on the ball. It’s outrageous how shit we are again and again away from home. 

This is what I don’t understand, I thought it was “our identity”. We look so weak on the ball and passive in forward play. 

Defensively we look even worse away from home, when we’ve been so solid under Howe previously.

Just now, alexf said:

Livramento may need to come in for Burn here. He's such a step up now that we have experienced both. 

A cone is a step up from Burn on LB. We need to get a real LB so Tino can play RB instead.

I think at least 80% of just how bad we are looking at the moment is due to unavoidable fatigue, honestly. Just looking back over our fixture schedule with zero to little rotation confirms that beyond any doubt, really.

Thankfully the fixture congestion will be over soon, at least

Miley's midfield defensive positioning has been poor last couple games.  The game just goes round him so easily.  On the ball he's good but I don't think he really knows where he should be yet defensively.

I can see why he was taken off.

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

1 minute ago, TRon said:

It seems like he was hauled off because he let his man go on the set piece. Not sure I agree with it because he looked like one of the few players who wasn't getting rushed out of his stride. Longstaff looked far less confident, I would have took him off.

Pretty sure Howe chose him as he hasn't used him in a midfield two yet. Miley has been better than Longstaff but I can understand him protecting Miley a bit here.

There is no excuse for that. People can continue to pedal the tiredness thing, but it does wash now. They’ve had almost a full week off and half of them look like they’re hungover. It’s fucking tragic to watch. One shot in 45 minutes against a championship side ffs! 

Just now, Barnes23 said:

I think at least 80% of just how bad we are looking at the moment is due to unavoidable fatigue, honestly. Just looking back over our fixture schedule with zero to little rotation confirms that beyond any doubt, really.

Thankfully the fixture congestion will be over soon, at least

You can only give them the benefit of the doubt so many times, though. 2 away wins since the end of April; its almost January.

Everything about that first half was pathetic and not what this side is about. 

2 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

This is what I don’t understand, I thought it was “our identity”. We look so weak on the ball and passive in forward play. 

Defensively we look even worse away from home, when we’ve been so solid under Howe previously.

You need players 100% charged to play with intensity. If we don't have that charge then we are left chasing shadows with no fall back plan.