Luton Town 1-0 Newcastle United (23/12/23)

Yorkie

Just now, OpenC said:

Anybody who doesn't think Howe will be feeling the heat is being a bit too optimistic I reckon. I don't think he's anywhere near the bullet, and he shouldn't be. But if he's not facing any uncomfortable questions I'd be amazed. 

Aye this 100% anyone thinking he won't be under pressure soon is in denial. Needs to turn thing around sharpish

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Abysmal performance and result. Away form and performances are getting a bit of a joke. Outfought and outplayed by one of the worst teams in the league who until today had yet to keep a clean sheet. 

There comes a point where giving them the benefit of the doubt doesn't wash anymore. We've been poor away from home for months now.

Worrying thing is a lot of players don’t look at all interested away from home. Alarming stuff. 

I don't even think they shithoused it or anything as you'd expect from a newly promoted team but you can argue they deserved something out of the game today and rightly so (draw or win)

As for us - not having the likes of Barnes, Tonali, and Joelinton or even Murphy today to pick from really you can see the impact.

4 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

Absolutely - more running is what this squad needs.

Honestly, some of you are simply below-average intelligence humans. I forget that sometimes. 

Why do they need to do running?

You not think they can be going over recent games, looking at where they have gone wrong etc instead?

The training ground isn’t just a Bruce-esk ‘Roll our sleeves up and play ball’ you massive fucking bellend.

Edited by Stifler

This was absolutely piss poor. I’m understanding of the fact that we’ve dealt with and still are dealing with injuries and fatigue. But we continue to get the basics wrong away from home. 5 losses in the last 6 games (incl. Chelsea on pens) is simply not good enough which ever way you want to twist it. For me, Eddie’s got a lot of credit in the bank but there will be questions asked sooner rather than later if this continues from the higher-ups (the ones above Staveley and Mehrdad) ?

Same old formation - rinse and repeat - if it fails try it again 

Todays performance was bloody horrendous - no structure - no patterns - players clueless - barely able pass the ball

It’s the fucking basics 

Edited by Mikky

We've exhausted the squad. They're spent, mentally and physically. And there's unfortunately no Plan B for how we play, so we're just kind of out there right now. 

Those deficiencies can be papered over at home, when the crowd and the atmosphere can make up for it. But it's all laid bare on the road and I think that's why our away form is what it is. 

Need reinforcements in January.

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

Bet your mortgage on that?

Would not be remotely surprised if the owners weren't looking at other options

If you think that you don’t know football. Have you seen the state of our squad?  I’m putting today down to a very bad day at the office. 

Need this season to end. Worst Howe performance that for me.  Luton were poor but could have won 4-0.  We had 2 shots on target.  Didn't really look like we had a plan.  Gordon and Miggy were played injured. Gordon could't sprint or even jump.  Isak did his thing and disappeared.  Bruno good on ball but through balls poor/desperate.  Roll on Sunderland... 

Shit again from our forward line, particularly Wilson who when he's out of form quickly becomes insufferable. We basically just need to stop the rot with our away form and go from there.

Hard to believe, but if we win our home matches and just one of our away matches over the next month or so and we'll be in a better position than at the same point last season.

Dubravka: 6

Trippier: 5

Schär: 5

Botman: 7

Bruno: 6.5

Longstaff: 5.5

Miley: 6

Isak: 5.5

Almiron: 4

Wilson: 3

Gordon: 5

2 minutes ago, ElDiablo said:

Several yards off it from the beginning, second to every loose ball, no technical quality apart from Bruno, gaping gaps all over the pitch. Dog dirt.

We move on, however.

Shooting is a technical quality too.  I didn’t think Bruno was any less shite than his teammates today. 

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

What exactly are people posting "pathetic performance" expecting? :lol:

It's shite to see how bad we are but it's fairly apparent why teams playing less games are able to outperform us on their own patch consistently.

Losing to a Championship side just isn't good enough mate - all for positivity, but not toxic positivity