Newcastle United 1-3 Notts Forest (26/12/23)

Disco

Championship players coming home to roost and playing at their level after last season miracle. 

On reflection the FFP mess Ashley left us with has fucked up, to complete you need expensive players and we are limited in how many we could buy, the season is all about recovering now and getting ready for next year now for me, we need to make some hard decisions about some of our players.

Onwards and upwards (just not this season)

1 minute ago, Big Geordie said:

This feels to me like a reminder of NYD 1990 - Newcastle v Wolves and Steve Bull. :( A holiday time apparition.

Too many players not fit, or desperately out of form.

Eddie's got a job on.

Remember that one. 1-4 it finished. Might be the same here.

Just now, MagMal said:

Championship players coming home to roost and playing at their level after last season miracle. 

On reflection the FFP mess Ashley left us with has fucked up, to complete you need expensive players and we are limited in how many we could buy, the season is all about recovering now and getting ready for next year now for me, we need to make some hard decisions about some of our players.

Onwards and upwards (just not this season)

Nah this isn't a Championship level first 11 like. No excuses in terms of the respective ability of the two teams. 

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Against Everton, Bournemouth, Luton and now Forest probably. Comfortably beaten also and it's not acceptable. Do people really think the PIF owners will find this acceptable?  

If they don’t then stump up the money to do something about it or they’re going to get served more of the same for the rest of the season. We lucked out last year with the World Cup break so had rested players and few injuries.