Liverpool 4-2 Newcastle United (01/01/2024)

BlueStar

1 minute ago, Jordan said:

Don’t get how their fans can dare boo the ref. He gave them absolutely fucking everything. 

Have you not seen Liverpool fans before?

Awful penalty decision but let’s not pretend we weren’t shit. I’m so fed up of our midfield being absolutely bossed. We cannot see that trio who started there again together this season.

As a “neutral” here, the commentary for the last 20-30 mins (that I watched) was absolutely excruciating. If I was a Liverpool fan I’d be embarrassed. I mean, I’d be embarrassed anyway, but specifically by the relentless sycophancy.

Burn and Longstaff are not good enough on the ball. Hopefully Willock is back soon but probably need a new CM long term. Need a new winger as well, and of course a backup striker.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Absolute state of Klopp. Horrible bloke. Narcissist. 

Watch the wipe be smiled off his face once Salah goes. Without him Liverpool are a nothing team.

We were lucky to get away with a 4-2 defeat, had it not been for Dubs. Made it for too easy for Liverpool from the off. Not good enough ultimately and to be honest, there's no ray of sunshine on the horizon at the moment.

We desperately need some new blood. A lot of these players look done.

Just now, Displayname said:

They had a shot every 3rd min. Thats just ridicolous, no point focusing on a shitty red. This was just embarrassing.

Fucking hell :lol:

2 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

As a “neutral” here, the commentary for the last 20-30 mins (that I watched) was absolutely excruciating. If I was a Liverpool fan I’d be embarrassed. I mean, I’d be embarrassed anyway, but specifically by the relentless sycophancy.

They’ll think it was against them. Be booing their TV. 

3 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Don’t get how their fans can dare boo the ref. He gave them absolutely fucking everything. 

The last time they justifiably booed anything was when Owen went back there with us and he's basically just one of them anyway.

3 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Anyway we played better than we have recently. Green shoots. Both deserved to lose but also unlucky given the resilience and fight we showed. Proud of the lads. Onwards to the derby, play with that level of determination and we win it with ease.

That’s the spirit

3 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Anyway we played better than we have recently. Green shoots. Both deserved to lose but also unlucky given the resilience and fight we showed. Proud of the lads. Onwards to the derby, play with that level of determination and we win it with ease.

I want to agree, but feel like apart from our two goals we were largely horrendous and clueless.

People going way over the top with the criticism of our performance. 

As for the two penalties. Don’t get me started. Surely what VAR was brought in to correct ??‍♂️ 

On another day it could have been 8 or 9 but goalkeepers having a blinder are part of the game. We were never out of the game until that diving twat took it out of reach. As long as you've got Isak you have a chance. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut