sunderland 0-3 Newcastle United (06/01/24)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Sunderland lucky we aren't out of sight, Isak should be on the scoresheet with that stonewall pen.

I think if it goes to VAR it’s a free kick and red card. Sunderland are going to have to go for it second half so we need a second asap 

Just now, Aiston said:

Dominant performance so far.

I do worry about our creativity though, too often just running out of ideas and hoofing it to their keeper.

Aye we need to be more patient. They are flooding everywhere with bodies and not giving us space, doing those sideways long balls we did so well last season would go some way to help us open them up more.

3 minutes ago, triggs said:

Difference in Prem and Championship looks insane even compared to a few years ago. Just looks so easy for us

Don't jinx it

Thought they'd give us a lot more problems running at our full backs tbh, these are absolutely shit. Joelinton looks like he's playing against a bunch of 8 year olds.

We need another though, don't trust us at all with a late one goal lead.

Just now, joeyt said:

Keep feeding it to Gordon and Hume will struggle to last the 90 mins. He looks dreadful

On a yellow card as well, so he can’t get too close to him.

Done what's needed so far. Outfought them in duels all over and silenced the crowd. 

Need to see more of Isak 2nd half. Let him drop a bit deeper to link play and get runners beyond him. 

Fingers crossed Big Joe is alright, they can't deal with him physically or technically. Whoever their centre mids are must shit themselves knowing he's breathing down their necks

I’m surprised at the lack of fight and determination from their players. Maybe it will change in the second half if the manager gets around them but they have not made it the game I was expecting from them.

Edited by Matt1892

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Big Joe cuffed them from minute one. They’ll be desperate we take him off. Longstaff absolutely has to start being more clinical, at least get it on target. He’s not good enough in the rest of his game to get away with missing every half chance he gets by a significant margin. I like his defensive work a lot but it’s not enough

That vein of form against Sheffield, PSG is what he needs.

Excellent half. Joelinton, Bruno and Gordon have been brilliant. Their right back is shocking, I imagine they will take him off which will be a shame. They’ll have to go for it so fingers crossed we can pick them off and make it comfortable! Longer it stays 1-0, the more they will believe 

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

Aye we need to be more patient. They are flooding everywhere with bodies and not giving us space, doing those sideways long balls we did so well last season would go some way to help us open them up more.

Not enough tekkers in our front 6.  The RCM and RW are especially limited.