sunderland 0-3 Newcastle United (06/01/24)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, astraguy said:

No doubt its been answered,But why the fuck were we both in our home kits? That can't of been easy for either teams at times

Was daft like, feel for any colour blind fans, albeit i was going just on the shorts at times

As a man who’s colorblind and hates clashing I want to go on record and say the all white kit if the only way to play the mackems away. 

2 minutes ago, astraguy said:

No doubt it’s been answered,But why the fuck were we both in our home kits? That can't of been easy for either teams at times

We’ve both played in hone shirts more often than not. But I agree it seemed harder to distinguish than when I was younger. But it didn’t seem to affect us so let’s keep it as it is 

1 minute ago, Tiresias said:

Was daft like, feel for any colour blind fans, albeit i was going just on the shorts at times

never daft. See my post above. lol

1 minute ago, OCOCOL said:

We’ve both played in hone shirts more often than not. But I agree it seemed harder to distinguish than when I was younger. But it didn’t seem to affect us so let’s keep it as it is 

I think it was the stripes are thinner than last time we played? Did seem especially bad even on the big pub screen and I'm only in my 30s. Obviously you can tell quickly but it's the split second identification that sometimes was little off

The trick to understanding who was who: just look at where the ball was. Newcastle were the ones who had it, Sunderland were the ones who didn't. 

The kits were the only thing about the entire contest that was close. 

Don't think were back or anything and played within ourselves with the game won, which is right choice given the circumstances. A cruise really rather than the massacre it might have been at 2-0 after 46minutes earlier this season or last season.

Job done in a manner to which we were accustomed last season though - total control, giving no chances away - cant hurt - and whilst its an exclamation point on the chasm to us the taking away of their precious dwindling clutched smalltime straws is a nice bit of cruelty.

I’d be interested to see a replay of the offside given against Almirón early in the 2nd half. I’m not convinced he was, and he was through on goal, Sunderland thinking they got away with it, then Miggy getting the ball back and setting up Isak for 2-0 from the resulting freekick.

25 minutes ago, astraguy said:

No doubt its been answered,But why the fuck were we both in our home kits? That can't of been easy for either teams at times

Especially for those watching at home on Wearside with all those black and white tellys.

39 minutes ago, Dyeyzzon said:

Played for them iirc 

Record signing at one point IIRC. 

1 minute ago, Ben said:

Anyone else have an issue with the strip colours clashing ? Probably my old shit eyes but its never been a problem before

at times aye, put it down to my old age and thought about using it as an excuse to buy a bigger TV, missus told me to get fucked.

19 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

I always thought they played in red shirts when we played... But guess they were the home team today so we had to change

newcastle-1-0-sunderland-english-league-division-2-match-held-at-st-ET4AH8.jpg

That game was probably the turning point in the home shirts, away thing as it happens. If its the 91/92 game. Previoius meetings going back years seemed all away shirts but became quite regular after that.

Should be in the background of that somewhere. Usually sat in the East Stand but the seats were gobbelled up so had to go back to the paddock. Absolutely no view of the goal from there but did see Paul Bracewell's bloodied face and John Burridge swearing at us pre-game to beat the "red and white bastards" from near the dugouts.

Edited by Jonas

What a fucking class day it's been. Couple more hours on the ale to go, home, massive Chinese, watch the highlights on a loop, probably knock one out. Happy New Year.