Fulham 0-2 Newcastle United (FA Cup) - 27/01/24

BlueStar

the first phase of our build up is absolutely awful. CBs rarely have a short option centrally. Need to either drop another midfielder deeper or bring a full back narrower imo.

I don’t understand what they want, they don’t like the old rule or the new one :lol:

We all want a mythical land where the ball never hits anyone’s hand, sadly that will never exist lads. 

Morons. 

20 minutes ago, Slim said:

Shame cos it's a protest by the fans against 40 quid tickets and should be praised especially considering we did the same 

There's 40 quid tickets up here then there's 40 quid tickets in London tbf, pretty standard down there

Miley and Longstaff are miles off Fulham atm, they don't know how to get in positions to receive the ball. It's Bruno vs the world in the middle. 

Edited by HawK

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

I hate this playing out from the back. We look so vulnerable. 

Yes but when we hoof it long we just give the ball away.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t understand what they want, they don’t like the old rule or the new one :lol:

We all want a mythical land where the ball never hits anyone’s hand, sadly that will never exist lads. 

Morons. 

Pathetic how much they are crying about it tbh

1 minute ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Christ they’re still talking about the “handball”. 

The fucking idiots have got it the wrong way round! It would have been ok in Europe a couple of years ago when we were disallowing them!

1 minute ago, STM said:

We look like we are trying to keep the ball better, our confidence just looks shot.

The lack of confidence is directly correlation to lack of skill.

One thing that seems to happen a lot this season is we don't drop back midfield or even attackers to give playing it out the back (while being pressed) more options to safely keep position. We just need one or two just to drop in to a space in our half to give that alternative. We are playing in to the hands of Fulham's high press. 

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

I hate this playing out from the back. We look so vulnerable. 

We have a few players that are weak links when pressed and nobody in our midfield can beat a man and break the line.

Also, for as good as he is in general play, Isak isn't a good outlet if we go direct.

Net result is that it's pretty safe to press us aggressively as we've no real answer for it.