Aston Villa 1-3 Newcastle United (30/01/24) | Reaction: pg 50 | Goal-posts: OP

Disco

They’ve been passive and lazy. But fuck me. Complete away performance so far.

Should have scored another and I think we’ll need 3. No way can they come out and continue to not track runners and pass the buck for another 45 minutes. 

Burn quality the night , was really critical of him during the Fulham game but as good a half as he's had the night. 

The isak injury just seemed to deflate us at the end of the half . Need a big counter threat from the front three lads 2nd half . Use that pace. 

Sorry to see Isak hobble off again, but aside from that I'm delighted with this half. Made Villa look pretty ordinary. 

Just got to keep our heads 2nd half and we can come away with three unexpected points and a real shot in the arm for upcoming games. 

HWTFL! 

Fabulous performance so far. Isak injury puts a big stink on it, though. Just that kind of year, I guess.

Unrecognizable from some of our earlier away performances, THIS is the team that I've used to seeing.

1 minute ago, Smal said:

must be watching a different game to some because Longstaff’s positional sense and ability to drop deep and make deep runs has been a massive reason behind us controlling the game. He’s been much better than recently and it’s entirely tactical. Howe has set us up fantastically.

When you don't really notice him it's because he's doing the dirty, unglamorous work he's supposed to do. He's been good.

excellent first 45

Bruno back to his old commanding self

Gordon full of running

Miley making intelligent runs to support the attack

Schar playing a blinder

Burn composed with and without the ball.

Rattled Villa with our pressing, smart movement and direct running

Pity about Isak. ffs when will this end